Cali street racers BEWARE! New Law in effect!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:withstupid: It means the cops now own your car, and on top of all the fines, etc. You will have to buy it back.

guess its a good thing on only race on the track now :D

THAT makes sense, but not crushing the car. If anything, the PD could sell the car at auction to make some cash.

nor do i, however, i wish that the government would give us like a "use at your own risk type of place" where there is no traffic or such things. the talk around here, Baltimore, MD, is that the government MAY open up an abandoned airfield for these types of activities.

fuck that. that is bullshit. The government doesn't own your fucking car. And they arrest people for watching? That is insane. You can't arrest someone for standing there. That is way, way out of line IMO.

this is fucking crazy, why dont they get, it if they open up some of thoose abandoned army bases. they have a huge one in irvine. They could build an auto cross AND a dragstrip in this army base. has any one said anything to the government. :angry:

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 5 2003, 10:54 AM
fuck them. i'll run from them. if they can catch me they can have me.

and they will, and it will give us something entertaining to watch on TV

they need to open up terminal island again. it would nearly eliminate street racing in the south bay area.
i don't understand why the government doesn't understand that problem isn't going to go away, they need to provide the racers with an alternate place for racing NOT trying to make them stop. street racing has been going on for decades and it will continue to go on due to the lack of tracks.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 5 2003, 01:54 PM
fuck them. i'll run from them. if they can catch me they can have me.

werd

even with more tracks opening up people are gonna still race, here in vegas we get the speedway on friday nights for 5 bucks to watch and 10 bucks to race and you still have dipshits out there killing themselves and other people just because theyre cheap bastards!! you tell me which one is woth it?

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 5 2003, 01:07 PM
I didn't see anything about crushing the car in that article..

oh yeah, its not in the article but the police chief of LA has been saying it all over the news yesterday.

California's government is the closest thing we have to communism in this country. They have TOO many I wish I was a hippie/ Daddy gave me all my money liberals. All they care about is revenue... they're not going to destroy those cars. They'll just sell them to another street racer at a police auction. I think the government definitely needs to work with all these people who are racing, and try to find them places to go. Look at all the money we spend feeding useless prisoners, and welfare whores who have kids from three different guys. I could go on and on...

a few weeks ago, on America's Wildest Police Chases or somethin like that on TV, i saw some dude in a Talon (that i'm assuming to be a TSi) smoke off on the cops. They didn't catch him. Whoever he is, more power to him.

I agree- arresting people for watching is way out of line. What if a mother were to walk home from work and happened to watch a race? Are you going to arrest her? Insane!

Taking someone's car simply because they were racing is like giving someone life in prison for stealing pop tarts at a liquor store. Next thing you know, the government is going to ban automotive performance parts with the excuse of protecting society.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 5 2003, 12:11 PM
a few weeks ago, on America's Wildest Police Chases or somethin like that on TV, i saw some dude in a Talon (that i'm assuming to be a TSi) smoke off on the cops. They didn't catch him. Whoever he is, more power to him.

i saw that one, that was badass!

Back