Cali street racers BEWARE! New Law in effect!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by stolen2000civic@Sep 5 2003, 01:46 PM
California's government is the closest thing we have to communism in this country. They have TOO many I wish I was a hippie/ Daddy gave me all my money liberals. All they care about is revenue... they're not going to destroy those cars. They'll just sell them to another street racer at a police auction. I think the government definitely needs to work with all these people who are racing, and try to find them places to go. Look at all the money we spend feeding useless prisoners, and welfare whores who have kids from three different guys. I could go on and on...

You're pretty good at inventing cause-effect relationships aren't you? You think that this is caused by liberals? Are you really that lame brained? The Police in Denver (Colorado is very conservative) are on the same track.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Sep 5 2003, 02:44 PM-->
@Sep 5 2003, 01:07 PM
I didn't see anything about crushing the car in that article..

oh yeah, its not in the article but the police chief of LA has been saying it all over the news yesterday.

I really don't think he can say that and have it be true...

"You're smoking weed, so we're going to confiscate your hand and cut it off."

Uh huh, same thing man.

theres an undercover cop that lives down the street from my apartments...he drives a silver civic with rims and a bodykit...someone busted otu all his windows a week or so ago.

haha.

Originally posted by SpicyFish@Sep 5 2003, 04:25 PM
I agree- arresting people for watching is way out of line. What if a mother were to walk home from work and happened to watch a race? Are you going to arrest her? Insane!

there is BIG difference between:
- walking down the street and happening to witness a street race going on
and
- standing with a group of people at an "organized" street race (cheering, watching, stageing, etc)

its like the difference between going in a store buying something and having them give you an extra $20 by accident, and walking into the store and robbing them

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 5 2003, 01:54 PM
fuck them. i'll run from them. if they can catch me they can have me.

:withstupid:
heh if they are gunna take your car anyways its worth a shot to try and make it away, if they stop you its just gunna be a bigger fine.

i agree, we need more tracks to race, or even just like a strip of road, not on the street away from everywhere, with no scoreboard, just straight road, so people can go race on. i dont see how people are so stupid to not see this. back when musscle cars raced, there was alot more open area to race in, nothing has changed just more development has left less open safe area's to race on, so people have to turn to streets to do it.

LISTEN TO THIS ONE BOYZ IN OTTAWA,CANADA, COPS HAVE DONE UP 03 CIVIC SIR, THEY GET U TO RACE THEM, THEN PULL U OVER, AND BRING UR ASS TO COURT. CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE BOYZ

Originally posted by civickiller99@Sep 5 2003, 04:30 PM
LISTEN TO THIS ONE BOYZ IN OTTAWA,CANADA, COPS HAVE DONE UP 03 CIVIC SIR, THEY GET U TO RACE THEM, THEN PULL U OVER, AND BRING UR ASS TO COURT. CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE BOYZ

nothing worse than capslock and ebonics all in one post.

the way i look at it, it's like this:

people are gonna street race, no matter what.

cops are gonna try to stop it, no matter what.

some people aren't gonna run. the cops are gonna arrest them and confiscate their cars and sell them(the cars).

if you don't run, you're screwed.

on the other hand, some people are gonna run.

if you run and you get caught, the cops are gonna arrest you and confiscate your car and sell it.

you're screwed no matter what. you've got a LOT better chance of keeping your car if you run.

goddamn i wish i lived in cali and could watch cops chase cars all night on tv. wisconsin doesnt have that, our news covers the price of corn and deer diseases.

there is a way around the law ladies and gentleman me and my friends look the shit up in the ontario municpal code and it clearly states that the car cannot be taken unless u own the car if your driving your friends car and borrowed it hahahah they cant take it muhahahahahahahahahah so switch cars really though i think this is bs with all the money they spend on street racing specific task forces and all that shit they could open a free track and have those same pigs staff it and have it open weekend nights that would be the end of this b.s. oh yeah and in canada that civic bs i dont believe it thats call entrapment cops cant do that
ex.
cop:you want to smoke this j mofo
you: sure bro
cop: ur going to jail
they cant do that

tracks fix 70% of the problem I'd say. Peeps are always going to street race, but if there is a track, I think it keeps the big street racing "events" to a minimum.

Originally posted by omega11855@Sep 5 2003, 02:08 PM
there is a way around the law ladies and gentleman me and my friends look the shit up in the ontario municpal code and it clearly states that the car cannot be taken unless u own the car if your driving your friends car and borrowed it hahahah they cant take it muhahahahahahahahahah so switch cars really though i think this is bs with all the money they spend on street racing specific task forces and all that shit they could open a free track and have those same pigs staff it and have it open weekend nights that would be the end of this b.s. oh yeah and in canada that civic bs i dont believe it thats call entrapment cops cant do that
ex.
cop:you want to smoke this j mofo
you: sure bro
cop: ur going to jail
they cant do that

wrong...it's not entrapment because they're not making you race them. you have the option of saying NO. if they don't leave you a way out of the situation then it is considered entrapment.

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 5 2003, 04:46 PM
goddamn i wish i lived in cali and could watch cops chase cars all night on tv. wisconsin doesnt have that, our news covers the price of corn and deer diseases.

:lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 5 2003, 02:06 PM
i seem to post this once a week...

cali sucks. move

how do you know? have you been here? no, the sun would fry your ass! hahaha

Back