Cali street racers BEWARE! New Law in effect!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it doesnt matter anyway, the street races suck now. we used to be able to go to ontario and race now its a fucking cruise night for all the gangbangers in their impalas and burbans on wires and hydros. the last time i went was two years ago and instead of getting to see some good racing i got to see some cholo blast this other guy w/ a sawed off 12 gauge because his girl spilled a beer on him. no wonder the street races have such a bad name. i remember 5 years ago we used to be able to race all night without being hassled now we get stopped before we even get off the freeway if youre driving a compact

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 5 2003, 04:40 PM
the way i look at it, it's like this:

people are gonna street race, no matter what.

cops are gonna try to stop it, no matter what.

some people aren't gonna run. the cops are gonna arrest them and confiscate their cars and sell them(the cars).

if you don't run, you're screwed.

on the other hand, some people are gonna run.

if you run and you get caught, the cops are gonna arrest you and confiscate your car and sell it.

you're screwed no matter what. you've got a LOT better chance of keeping your car if you run.

You can't out run a chopper let alone radio. Its stupid and best left to morons. As soon as they have your plate, you could run to whereever the fuck you want and they'll get you. Do you want to live the rest of your life hiding, if you get away <which you won't> rather than hand over the $20,000 car and hopefully have insurance to cover it or to write it off on taxes or something?

Originally posted by rsaeini+Sep 5 2003, 05:58 PM-->
omega11855
@Sep 5 2003, 02:08 PM
there is a way around the law ladies and gentleman me and my friends look the shit up in the ontario municpal code and it clearly states that the car cannot be taken unless u own the car if your driving your friends car and borrowed it hahahah they cant take it muhahahahahahahahahah so switch cars really though i think this is bs with all the money they spend on street racing specific task forces and all that shit they could open a free track and have those same pigs staff it and have it open weekend nights that would be the end of this b.s. oh yeah and in canada that civic bs i dont believe it thats call entrapment cops cant do that
ex.
cop:you want to smoke this j mofo
you: sure bro
cop: ur going to jail
they cant do that

wrong...it's not entrapment because they're not making you race them. you have the option of saying NO. if they don't leave you a way out of the situation then it is considered entrapment.

In all actuality the person who is being baited is supposed to have to ask for whatever it is he/she wants, and not be asked if they want to do something. Thats why on all the sting videos they make the people say certain words before they can take them down, i.e., a john that is flirting with a whore, has to actually ask for sex or a sexual act in order to be taken down.

Theres fine lines to this type of crap.

man im never moving to cali. the way i see it, all this law is gonna do is make people run because you are going to jail whether you pull over or run so there are going to be people running, endangering and killing innocent people. After enough deaths they will pass one of those no chase laws in which your ass needs to keep right on driving to mexico.

everyone should just move to MT. first off, street racing would be cut down to six months because of the extended ice winters. second, no one lives here and there are so many rural streets within 15 minutes driving that have no houses anywhere in site. meaning no cops either. the only thing you have to watch out for is cows on the street lol. and with only 1 drag track (no road track) within a few hours driving, there aren't many alternatives to a spot to race. anyways, the fees at the drag strip are very high since they just opened and it's mostly huge events gathering people around the state to watch 11 second muscle cars and dragsters.

i seriously doubt you could claim insurance on a police-confiscated car.

everyone should just move to MT. first off, street racing would be cut down to six months because of the extended ice winters. second, no one lives here and there are so many rural streets within 15 minutes driving that have no houses anywhere in site. meaning no cops either. the only thing you have to watch out for is cows on the street lol. and with only 1 drag track (no road track) within a few hours driving, there aren't many alternatives to a spot to race. anyways, the fees at the drag strip are very high since they just opened and it's mostly huge events gathering people around the state to watch 11 second muscle cars and dragsters.

But, after all is said and done, you would still be in Montana, asshole of the U.S.

Running is stupid unless you don't have any plates on the car. Just because a select few get away doesn't mean you're going to. all they have to do is radio ahead and spike your tires. then you either stop or drive on rims and land in a ditch

I still think my area's policies are quite stricter.

For just attending a street race, a viewer is subject to 1600 dollars in fines, and 90 days in jail, pending age. If under age then its like 60 days in the Juvenile Center where your parent's have to pay around 40-60 dollars a day that you are there.

use the fucking track it 10 bucks i use so can you
and as fro opening a base they then become legally responsable for everyone using the facility so you would still nedd to pay to use it to pay for the operating costs

I did a couple races last wednesday with some fag in a Stratus ES. After I murdered this guy twice I called it quits and got back down to the speed limit. He continued on doing about 20 or so over.
Out of fucking NO where here's this Sherriff in a new Impala flies by me and nabs the guy I was racing earlier. Luckily, he didn't see me when I was racing. I've always seen how stupid it is...now I just need to let my better half kick in and say don't fucking do it. You have high speeds combined with inexperienced dumbasses like myself flying through streets where you don't know if someone is gonna pop out in front of you from an intersection. Whats the point?

Wanna see who's car is faster? How do you know it's faster? because you were feathering the clutch & and burning your tires before it even turned green? Go from a staging line at a sanctioned track where everyone is safe and you don't have to worry about that little white sign saying "speed limit 45" and red lights up the street.

I'm done street racing thru the cities. I was scared shitless wednesday night that I was next. A 150 dollar fine plus a reckless driving ticket isn't worth knowing my car can beat a Stratus ES by half a car length.

I still see no problems though racing late at night on an empty highway. If no one is around to kill besides you and the other idiot, then by all means go for it.

Even in these "empty" industrial areas there's still people standing around and perhaps a few tourists who may have gotten lost. I've seen pictures of a Mustang GT in three pieces after he Tboned a Geo or something while racing, killed the passengers in the Geo and himself. How is that worth it?

here in Indep Mo there is always street racing going on and it will always continue even though we have grudge matches on wen, fri, and sunday that three days out the week but we have to pay 20 dollars to run and my friend did that one time and some crx decided to leave hin transmission on the strip and he didnt even get to race and he didnt get his money back so you know street racing will always go on even if society makes to where all we drive is economy electric car someone somewhere will figure out how to make it fast and will race you cant stop racing unless you stop making cars

most of the places we race here in tx are on feeder roads, which are all generally about a quarter mile, you start at a stoplight so there aren't any bullshit takeoffs, and (the best part) they're one-way, so the cops only have one direction to come from. by the time the cops are at the stoplight where everyone starts, everyone can see them coming and has plenty of time to run. i've only seen 2 people ever get caught in the couplea years i've been here, and that was because they were like "if we don't run, we won't get in trouble".

Back