California bound!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's a real case of "it's not you, it's me"

Yea I get that. Honestly, I think if you stick with it, it will work out for the best. Just be patient and numb. Especially since you married this lady. Do you have any close female friends that you can call and talk to. That would help. Women can always provide a nice comforting chat compared to talking to dude friends.

eh, give it some time. cali will grow on you. i have a friend and a cousin that both moved out to southern cali over a year ago. one from fl, and one from tn. they both hated it a lot for the first months or so. the people are rude, everybody is only worried about themselves.

they both love it now, made their own friends, and found the side of town that best fits them.
one moved further from the coast into some mountains, and the other went close to the coast.

just takes time.

as far as the dealership goes, do some digging on the guys in management.
find some useful .... uh... transgressions to quietly let them know you know about.
then grab them by the balls and tell them how the sales floor is going to run.

take a month or two, keep a log of all the missed sales ops they pass up bc of being rude, or shady, or ruining the chance for a referred friend. then, take that log to the GM/owner and say "hey, this is whats wrong with your dealership, this is where money isnt being made, and i know how to fix all of it. i want that corner office with the salary/company car attached, and we will both make a lot more money."

you were lucky to work at a good dealership in fl. but, as far as the rest of the country goes, those dont exist.
and all the owner/gm cares about is that this years numbers beat last years. if you show solid proof of money being missed, they will take notice.

or they will fire you, which means you are in the exact boat you seem to be heading toward anyway (SS Unemployed)

please elaborate at why asians suck at buying cars? too cheap? too gullible? ive had friends at both ends of the spectrum so im just curious.

btw i hope youre growing to like cali. its not bad once you get over the fact the state it taxing you like hell to give to dipshit losers. at least we have a really great education system (relatively speaking) because my brother introduced me to a friend from Phoenix, AZ and she didnt even know we had a civil war.....:ph34r: high school graduate mind you.

It's combination of California thinking and asian thinking. cheap, don't care about anything but cheap price and unless you have built some kind of repor they will go and shop you to death and want you to give it way.

It's the same in FL with internet sales. It's hard to make smoney when you can't even build good repor to where they trust you.

Funny that you mention Asians like that.

Sort of similar experience for me. I've worked in the same paint store for about 2 years now. When I first started here after transferring from another location, EVERY OTHER PERSON would bitch about prices and ask for a better price or a contractor discount.

Two years later, it never happens. Even though I am not a manager here, I have gotten everyone on board with not offering a discount to EVERY single person. We have mostly the same 20-30 customers that shop with us, plus random retail customers. We now provide better customer service as a store and are more friendly to shop at and we also have a much higher sales margin than we used to.

It wasn't easy, and it took some time but now I rarely ever get bitched at for prices.

I know you're in a completely different field, but I still wanted to share my experience.

Paint sales depends on the area and how much competition you have, the customers volume, etc. The polocks were the worst fo.r me, they are freaking cheap.

That's what Indians are for. :ph34r:

cd2be61e727e62549ea3a403426440ce-0-bombay.jpg

yeah asians are weird. we actually have asian salesman just because of that. they'll handle the asians in their own language since they can barely speak engrish.

I just received an email from a customer we screwed over and i blame myself for not defending him at the time. He review the contract and realized all the crap the managers tacked on including above msrp price on a WRX when I quoted him under msrp.

This isn't the way I do business and build my clientel. It also looks like many other dealerships operate that way around here so I'm not going to be selling cars until I come back to tallahassee.

Personally, I hate to say it but if I can't find something I'll happily take my ass back to Tally where I have hundreds of connections and clients who only want to buy from me.

The wife and I are still ok but not great. :/

He review the contract

it's starting already....

Look, screw your rep. who careS? you're only there for a temp. time. Do what you can to earn some money and when the time comes, gtfo and who cares what your rep is amongst people who can't even speak English?

stop caring so much about your job.
because its a job.
not a career.

problem is I didn't know what the selling price of the car was since they added a bunch of crap on top.

I've emailed the customer personally and gave him the number to cancel some stuff on his own. Sucks and yes it's a temp job but it's also a job. :lol:
Why do think I'm doing what I'm doing now. It's not because of my job. is too keep my integrity and let the customer know I'm on his side and not the other.

looks like it will be handled accordingly after talking to my sales manager

I work with sales. Its ridiculous what they try and get away with. In my regard though its the opposite. They'll do anything for the customer and make the most ridiculous promises, then when it comes time to follow up on the cap cost and stuff they are so off the deal is terrible for everyone.

stop caring so much about your job.
because its a job.
not a career.

dooooooood

anything worth doing is worth doing your best. if we had to shovel shit, i bet my pile will be as nice as if not alot nicer than yours.

career or not, it is still important to him, and most likely his peers... even if the company and their tactics are questionable there is no reason to be the same.

dooooooood

anything worth doing is worth doing your best. if we had to shovel shit, i bet my pile will be as nice as if not alot nicer than yours.

career or not, it is still important to him, and most likely his peers... even if the company and their tactics are questionable there is no reason to be the same.

about the best post on here!

Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounds to me like taco is about to head back to florida and ditch his wife because his job sucks.

F the job.

do what you can, of course, but don't be like 'I can't do this job any more, good bye' and ruin your marriage over it.
NO job is worth that.

dooooooood

I disagree with your logic. If I'm getting paid $X/hr to shovel shit, I'm not going to be the best at it. I'm going to do a good job, but not break my back for someone else's profits. Car sales is a little different because working harder/hardest can net you more overall sales.

But there are plenty of people who go to work, punch a clock, and go home. They may or may not enjoy their job, but they realize that it isn't the only thing. I have personally found that most anyone who really excels at a particular job, is extremely overqualified for what they're doing.

I personally treat my job as a paycheck. I get great reviews from customers because I'm just a people person, but I'm not trying to be the best at customer service.

Back