California bound!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The thing I've been having to learn recently is no matter how much I love my job, performing well at work does not mean I have a better marriage. Sure the money is nice, but I think not having it forced me and the wifey to be better friends, now that we have it, all we do is complain that there's nothing to do.

Moral of the story, work to live don't live to work. I know you already got that, or you woulda stayed in fl, but it's definitely worth repeating. If you've gone to the trouble of marrying someone, don't let your job get the better of your relationship. No job is worth that.

I think you guys are straight up missing the point.

Taco is a good que pasa dude. He has morals and his job is making him do things he would never do. Lets say you got a job working on cars, a brake job comes in, your boss tells you that while you're fixing the brakes, mess up a ball joint, tie rod end and tweak the alignment slightly... Or being told to put a small nail in the tire and pointing it out to the customer and ask if they want it patched...

Turbomirage what if you were asked to shovel that shit into a random persons back yard but only when you knew they were not home? Would you be the best shit dumper you could be?

that would put things in a different light, its tough that places actually do those kinds of things to unsuspecting people.

good possibility my friend, im an overachieving control freak when it comes to my job.

I agree with all logics and let it be know that while i will not let my job interfere with marriage it still plays a large role in it financially. The reason i didn't move the first time was to keep the steadily increasing income I had begun to build. I was on yr 2 and my customers were coming back and referring people. In sales and building relationships, I'm good at what I do. I found my niche. I'm 29yrs old and don't feel like job hopping anymore.
Proctor Subaru Tallahassee Customer Review - YouTube
Abel Correa - Dealership Ratings
Proctor Subaru Delivering Value - Abel - YouTube

I left because my marriage was and is still in the "not IN love stage" for me. you guys know how I feel and how long i've been waiting for her stuff to get done. 7 yrs!! Even then I don't know if I'm going to like the future. mentally i've even blocked kids out. :(

The job I landed was perfect because It gave me a piece of mind that I could stay with the same brand that i know and jump into making money to provide. Well, if you take that away and are left with either nothing for a while or low paying job it doesn't feel too good. especially when you have 50-70k in debt piling up for vet school bills. Even if I was back home making good money i'd still be 150k in the hole paying it back after the 4 years. luckily it will be with a second income but as you can see it can be stressful thinking about that AND putting food on the table.

to be straight up. It was because we split up. I started enjoying the things in life I missed out on like softball, met many new friends, hung out with family more and saw a career and saw a big opportunity to become a well know person in my small town. Then to help save my marriage i left it all behind. I love my wife but it's not fair to her that I'm thinking this way.

the job thing seems to be blowing over but i'm sure there will be another incident. I'm gonna look around and see if there are any performance shops who do online sales.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for awhile and kept my opinion to myself but I'm gonna weigh in. Many of you guys are saying not to let work ruin your marriage, or at least prevent you from fixing it, but the reason it needs repairing is because Mrs Taco set her (future) career as the priority over the marriage when she moved to California in the first place.

Taco was happy in Florida doing his thing, had a job he enjoyed, and he left it all behind to try and fix things. Maybe his heart isn't in it any more, maybe he misses home and his job and his friends and family, or maybe it's just too far gone to fix. Being apart is tough, being married is tough. Being apart and married has to be damn near impossible if there's no clear end in sight.

You guys got married young, sometimes as you grow older you grow apart as your goals change. You dropped everything to give it a shot, I question whether she would do the same.

Do what you gotta do bro. You only live once.

Try and get some more pictures though.

Thanks man. I totally agree and couldn't have summed up those feeling better myself.
We did get married young but then again our future was planned with many good things ahead. Vet school was in sight and so was a family in the near future. It's been about 6 (correction) years since then and with the changes in her life it simply feels like I can't keep up.

Imagine running with a partner. Everything is good at first and plan on finishing together but then you realize the runner decided to take a longer route without you. Slowly you realize something just isnt right and you don't want to run anymore because the longer route is also running away from the other things YOU enjoy.

Do you LAG behind and become unhappy trying to catch your partner or turn around and walk back to the starting point?

Last edited:
I thought I got a good deal on my Charger with the 6 pack in the front seat. You guys send cookies in the mail? Shit.

Cookies is all around classy for all.
I'd give beer too if someone wanted a mullet mobile like a charger. Lol

Wine is a good one too. I use those for the rich folk :)

Can't buy new cars on welfare checks, or maybe you can....

we have a shit load of those places here.

but, i dont know about your area, our bhph lots all sell salvage/rebuilt cars. and these cars were seriously fucked before they "rebuilt" them.
imagine a car that rolled and wrapped around a pole, thats what they "fix" and sell to those people.
it seriously sickens me that its legal to sell those cars in tn. its way unsafe.

well, it's been decided.
I'm headed back to Fl to continue taking care of my career.

We're still gonna be together but I can't continue to put myself on hold and with our money situation getting worse due to shitty dealership it's just too much.

I got my job back already and stoked to come back to try some new things i've been thinking about. While I love my wife it's simply not working out.

The most important thing i've done was to finally open to her and tell her that. 'it's simply not working out' and a few other things crossing my mind making our relationship even harder because the communication wasn't there.

sooooo. yeah....

By opening up and being honest it's a win win.

She will be pushed away faster and you two will move on

Or

She will know things are rocky and will put more effort into it and things will turn for the better at a faster rate.

Either way an outcome needs to happen good or bad, last thing anyone wants to do is spend their 25s-35s, years in a limbo relationship.

to some it's easy to be brutally honest but to me the more I kept it in. In order to compromise I realized I over did it and simply didn't want to go back on my word to make her sad.

We're ok right now and as hard as it is I'm trying to keep that open honesty in hopes of us continuing to learn from each other and how we feel in the relationship. Hopefully she'll see the real me again and still want me or decide she wants to move on and so will I.
Reason i say that is because it's in fact obvious that i'm a little happier and not so up tight (i mimic her) when I'm without her. My friends are chill as hell and will talk about almost anything and sometimes it's annoying when she looks at them with unapproval. then of course she comes off as a bitch :lol:

Back