California Laws???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

malexander

I need help from someone who really knows about the CA ref system. I want to buy a 95 Civic Hatch it has a LS motor and it wasn't BAR'D, it is now boosted and is basically a fully built engine. First would a fully built boosted LS engine even pass CA smog, Second is there any hope in getting it BAR'D? Thanks.

boosted.. most likely no! .. built.. dont think so.. .. you want to take the motor as stock as possible.. you might want to find a stock LS . swap it and take it to the ref.. once it passes.. put the other motor back in..

do you really think that would work? and what if i cant find another ls engine? damn that sucks. i also have heard of paying of refs but i dont know about all of that, have you heard of that before?

The engine has a drag turbo(probably not CARB legal but not sure), Crane turbo cams, Crane vale springs and retainers, Eagle rods , Eagle pistons 8.1 compression, Golden Eagle block guard, Edelbrock intake manifold, large upgraded intercooler, blitz blow off. I think that is about it

Idk that is a prospective car... the man claimed 350 hp on 19.5 psi on 100 octane... plus he said he then ran a 11.4 in 1/4 mile...

ok i was also looking at a 93 with a BAR'D gsr with b16 tranny, skunk2 manifold, aem intake, dc headers, civic type-r cams, aem sprockets, turbo fuel pump, and a chipped ecu. He is selling it for 6g's.

you think he would go for 4? i thought it was a decent deal but was gonna try to bring it down to 5 or a little over 5.

You can never expect to get what you put into the car when selling it. I have not seen this car but it probably is not worth 5 or 6

you think he would go for 4? i thought it was a decent deal but was gonna try to bring it down to 5 or a little over 5.
He is asking 6 hoping for someone like yo to come along and put cash in his hand w/ no hassle. ALWAYS offer less cash. You start low, he starts high, and you go from there. Figure that you will meet somewhere in the middle from the 6k and whatever you offer, so the lower "reasonable" offer you give him, the lower you will probably get the car for. No matter how much you like the car, make a list of reasons why it's not worth 6k, or even 5k. remember them, and use them when dealing with him.

Don't get suckered into paying what he wants because you think he's gonna reject your offer-he probably will. that's when you slowly work something out in the middle.

i had another question i read somewhere on here but cant seem to find it again, but someone was saying they read an article about a Del Sol that had a b18c5 type-r swap with some extras and it was beating some corvettes. Now do you think that is possible?

That looks like a nice car. Check for any sign of accidents and also make sure the wiring is not all hacked up. I would offer him 5 assuming it looks and drives good.

Back