California "no insurance" ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
When you get a ticket in los angeles for no proof of insurance, do the los angeles courts verify (calling the insurance company) the insurance document that you present to them? (the document that says you were insured on the date in question)

or do they just look at it, make sure the dates "line up" and sign you off? anyone dealt with this situation RECENTLY?

thanks

misti knows stuff? :lol: :unsure:

just kidding. :)

Let me get this straight. Are you saying that you got a ticket for not having your insurance while you were driving your car? You do have insurance right? Anyways if you got the ticket for not having the insurance papers with you then the courts just look at it (the paper that said you had insurance on the date in ?). I had the same problem here in fresno about 2 months ago. If im wrong about what your asking then I'm sorry because im an idiot.

I remember when I got a ticket and my insurance card was out dated and I had my new one at home. the cop wrote me a ticket for it anyway and I had to go to the court and show them my current proof of insurance so I didn't have to pay.

Originally posted by racerguy_77@Feb 16 2004, 11:01 PM
Let me get this straight. Are you saying that you got a ticket for not having your insurance while you were driving your car? You do have insurance right? Anyways if you got the ticket for not having the insurance papers with you then the courts just look at it (the paper that said you had insurance on the date in ?). I had the same problem here in fresno about 2 months ago. If im wrong about what your asking then I'm sorry because im an idiot.

you gor a pm bro...

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Feb 16 2004, 11:04 PM
I remember when I got a ticket and my insurance card was out dated and I had my new one at home. the cop wrote me a ticket for it anyway and I had to go to the court and show them my current proof of insurance so I didn't have to pay.

i understand, but does the clerk of the traffic court who you present your information to....

take the insurance card, dial the phone number on there, and check with the insurance company to see if you were indeed insured?

if not

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Feb 16 2004, 09:06 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Feb 16 2004, 11:04 PM

i understand, but does the clerk of the traffic court who you present your information to....

take the insurance card, dial the phone number on there, and check with the insurance company to see if you were indeed insured?

if not

if I remember correctly the clerk at the window who you present your info to looked over my insurance card and I only had to pay $10 for not having a front license plate which was my other violation. I don't remember if she had to make a phone call but I don't think she did.

ya well whatevers.

hondaswap is 10x better imo anyways....

its small enough to where you know everyone, but big enough to where you get valuable input from a variety of diff. people...

and brian nor any of the mods or admins arent some egotistical bastards like there are on other sites.... :lol:

when i got in my bike accident i got a few tickets
the guy at the court asked me if i had insurance at the time of the accident
i said "yes"
he said to bring him a letter from my insurance company that states that i had insurance on the date of the accident or for a window of time that includes the date of the accident
i brought him the paper
he made the tickets "go away"
:)

The whole being pulled over and getting a ticket for not having insurance in California is stupid, as you need to show the DMV proof of insurance to keep your drivers licence up to date. And to answer your question the CHP/State/DMV just looks up your Licence # to prove whether you have insurance or not.

Back