Caliper Clearance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im just about to install the AEM big brake kit ..... i need to know from people past experience ..... can a 15" rim have enough space to clear the caliper once its be relocated ..... i know 16" can fit but i wanna get mugen MF10L rims ..... so i want to make sure there wuz at least a 1/4 of an inch of clearance at least .... just as long as its not rubbing....

No, infact the AEM kit states that you have to run bigger than stock wheels (I can't remember if it is 16"+ or 17"+).

the AEM kit pretty much sucks anyway
doesnt the fastbrakes/wilwood kit fit under 15s?

The Fastbrakes kit does, the wilwood kit needs 16s.

thats what i meant by fastbreaks/wilwood kit .... they use wilwood calipers on the kit so i was giving credit where due :)

thanks for clearing it up though.... after looking at it i see where it could be misleading :)

My bad, I misread that.

Unfortunately, the 11.75" 2 piece rotors of the Wilwood and the larger Fastbrakes kits just won't quite fit under 15" wheels.

the 11" fastbrakes kit will fit under 15's

Umm, that is what was said. The smaller Fastbrakes kit fits under 15s, the larger one does not.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 18 2003, 03:39 PM
My bad, I misread that.

Unfortunately, the 11.75" 2 piece rotors of the Wilwood and the larger Fastbrakes kits just won't quite fit under 15" wheels.

Brian was working on a kit that would fit the 11.75 inch rotors and a new type of Wilwood calipers under a 15 inch wheel, but it's not available yet. The price for that kit up front was just as much as the 11 inch kit at all four corners though, so I skipped on it.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 19 2003, 02:49 PM
Does he have the 2 piston, 11" rear kits available yet?

No. I might have to pick one of those up when he does though. My kit came in last week- really really nice... just drilled for the wrong lug bolt pattern in the back. Prelude conversion anyone?

:lol:

Brian's being really good about it and sending out another set without having the original ones back first. Excellent customer service!

Originally posted by eyesonlybob+Jun 19 2003, 02:37 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 19 2003, 10:36 AM
:huh: huh????? :huh:

i got wheels that cant fit wilwood calipers under them.

If your Rotas are 15" then you can use the www.fastbrakes.com 11" kit. That kit uses a Wilwood 4 pot caliper (which one depends on how much you want to spend).
Calesta
@Jun 19 2003, 03:50 PM
Brian's being really good about it and sending out another set without having the original ones back first. Excellent customer service!

His customer service has always impressed me. He has a life long customer here. :)

I bought my kit from him about 2 years ago. 6 months after I bought it he updated the mounting hardware and rotors. He shipped me new rotors/hardware free of charge. About 3 months ago I discovered that the hardware he shipped out did not work on the DA knuckle, I called him about it, he took my info and I asked him how much the new hardware cost. Again he shipped it to me for free. With that kind of service I will always be going back to fastbrakes.

Yup. He's got one die-hard customer with you, and will soon have one with me once I get everything bolted up!

Back