1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

calipers

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Blakwolf9666, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Blakwolf9666

Blakwolf9666 Member

ok ive got a 92 civic lx sedan and i was wondering if there were any caliper upgrades i could make such as 2/4 piston calipers or something better that would fit the stock rims without alot of modification or bigger rims (which are 14 right now)

2. jdmLife

jdmLife I KILL V8s

you could always do a gsr brake conv. and it should still fit 14's

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

IIRC all Integras had 10.3" brakes excluding the Type-R, which is the same size as 92-95 EX, Si ABS, and Del Sol VTEC. The Integra and EX calipers are slightly larger.

4. Blakwolf9666

Blakwolf9666 Member

so they are slightly larger but are they any better or about the same just larger to fit the larger rotor? like stated in the first post id like to convert to like a 2/4 piston caliper i just dont want to pay the $800+ price tag for the larger kits like brembo willwood etc etc even if its from a different company say nissan os something does anyone know if it would match up?

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Larger calipers usually have larger pistons.

If you want 2-piston you could always do Acura Legend(GS Coupe I believe) or NSX 2-piston caliper conversion; and then there's 300ZX calipers too which are 4-piston. Though, these require modification to work(none are bolt-on) and I'm not sure if they would fit under 14" wheels.

6. Blakwolf9666

Blakwolf9666 Member

ah ok ill have to look into that then i already know im gonna be planning on swapping out my drums for some disks when i get some other things done first and the front i guess will wait for now considering i just got new rotors and pads that i need to put on tomorrow lol

7. Blakwolf9666

Blakwolf9666 Member

actually what brakes would i be able to swap for the front and what would i need from the integra even if its not a 2/4 pot caliper a 10in + rotor would probly be a hell alot better than these puny 9 3/8ths rotors lol oh and my car doesnt have abs so what would work??

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Swap the complete knuckle off of any 94-01 Integra or Civic(EX/Si) with 10.3" brakes.

The smaller brakes should still work fine with a decent pad. If you drag race it's actually better to stick with the smaller rotors(less rotating mass).

9. intenseneal

intenseneal New Member

Just do a rear disc conversion. You will see a bid difference in braking.

10. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

You can get someone to make you an adapter plate for just about anything.

Here's proof:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saturn SC2, 1994, with Porsche Cayenne calipers. Funniest thing was that they didn't have much more contact area than the stock brakes. (we took them off.)

Put some better pads in, and you won't need the multi-piston brakes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted