Callin all Tri-State Area People

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For all those people who live in the tri-state area/ philly. Y100, philadelphias ONLY alternative rock station was yanked from the air today and turned into another RAP station. Now im not against rap, but we have 5 already. So please help and sign the petition PLEASE.

Save Y100

RIP for now y100 :rip_1:

clear channel just switched the ONLY rap station in my area to fucking lite rock...

it wasn;t even all rap, just a mixture or rock and rap...
but come on...

FUCK CLEAR CHANNEL

this is like the 8th time in my memory that the channel has switched format...

yeah i know, i like 95.1, 94.1, and 93.3 but y100 had a badass morning show that i always listened to at work, and just a change from everything else. now its another rap station. Like everything else on the damn radio

:lol: that sucks! I got my music here in Tally. I can relate though, when i go out of town and can't get my classic rock, i literally stay pissed until i hear some AC/DC. sorry to hear about that guys. hope you get your music back.

I don't listen to much rock or punk. A little here and there but I know where you're comming from.

When they yanked Ms. Jone's from her Morning show on Hot97, I was mad as hell. That is by far my most favorite morning show.

I'll sign the petition for you though.

rap on the radio? who heard of such a thing? All we got is rock, classic rock, pop RnB, alternative, and country... oh and toss in like 3 rap songs an hour on the pop channel..

I don't really understand why they have a petition.

one of the biggest stations here in MD WHFS99.1 turned into a mexican station and just like what you guys are doing everyone down here freaked out and went boo hoo hoo we want our 99.1

Maybe your beloved rock station went to rap since the #s are not there for the rock station? Its pointless to keep airing a radio show that gets very low ratings.

99.1 ratings sucked ass. so it went to something that brings in bettter ratings a mex station.

wah wah wah.

Just remember signing a petition doesnt do jack shit if the program goes back on the air and once again no one listens to it.

BTW this shuold be posted in the regional forums

that is a good point. But still, he asked for our help so we did. That might not bring it back but at least he tried. ohh well, good luck getting the station back(or at least somewhere else).

just sign my petition and make me happy.

the morning show was voted the best in the country this year so there ratings werent too bad. They got moved to 93.3, another station by me, but its the music im most pissed about. And even if it doesnt work i still tried.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Feb 26 2005, 11:59 AM
I don't really understand why they have a petition.

one of the biggest stations here in MD WHFS99.1 turned into a mexican station and just like what you guys are doing everyone down here freaked out and went boo hoo hoo we want our 99.1

Maybe your beloved rock station went to rap since the #s are not there for the rock station? Its pointless to keep airing a radio show that gets very low ratings.

99.1 ratings sucked ass. so it went to something that brings in bettter ratings a mex station.

wah wah wah.

Just remember signing a petition doesnt do jack shit if the program goes back on the air and once again no one listens to it.

BTW this shuold be posted in the regional forums
[post=466515]Quoted post[/post]​

the peoples love for 99.1 was more important then the number of people that listened. has any other station siglehandedly hosted a 2 day concert with crowds ranging from 65,000-90,000 people? i just hope HFStival will still happen, but i dont know since i havent been in baltimore for over a month.

and all the protests and petitions did bring back HFS. its now on baltimore's live 105.7 on nights and weekends. sucks but its better then nothing i guess. so good luck with your guys' petition.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 27 2005, 03:33 AM

the peoples love for 99.1 was more important then the number of people that listened. has any other station siglehandedly hosted a 2 day concert with crowds ranging from 65,000-90,000 people? i just hope HFStival will still happen, but i dont know since i havent been in baltimore for over a month.

and all the protests and petitions did bring back HFS. its now on baltimore's live 105.7 on nights and weekends. sucks but its better then nothing i guess. so good luck with your guys' petition.
[post=466733]Quoted post[/post]​

People love 99.1 because of what it was back in the earily to mid 90s
HFStival has also went down hill over the years. every year I hear how its just not as good as it use to be.

99.1 had VERY bad ratings yet people still bitched about it going off the air so now its on 105.7 in place of ron and fez and guess what it still sucks and chances are will be back off the air soon.

99.1 was once an out going station that rocked. too bad that was many years ago.
I use to have 99.1 on my radio everyday however in the last 5 years I've NEVER once made it a preset due to the station sucking.

Y100 was the best station ever...damnit. I hope that petition works, I'll be getting my license in April and I would like to listen to something other than cd's all the time. That station was how I found new bands to listen to. We have like 6 freaking rap stations here...I hate it!

Originally posted by CFweave@Feb 27 2005, 07:25 PM
Y100 was the best station ever...damnit. I hope that petition works, I'll be getting my license in April and I would like to listen to something other than cd's all the time. That station was how I found new bands to listen to. We have like 6 freaking rap stations here...I hate it!
[post=466873]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you!!! sign that bitch and tell your friends

They still have radio? I havent listen to the radio in at least 2 years in my car.

MP3 > crap on public channels.

Back