Calling all High CR cali Guys...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
91 octeane gas sucks, I know.

I am still getting a bit of light pinging at full throttle high loading spots on my fuel and ignition maps. Just wondering if there are any guys in cali running 11.5:1 or high CR on the awesome state of California's 91 octane. If so, what AFRs are you running at WOT? and how much advance on your ignition? I'm just trying to get it in the ballpark to where it stops the little rattlecan action. It's not superbad knock, but I am avoiding it like the plague right now, staying off the throttle as much as I can convince myself to do inorder to keep it safe. I am running around 13-13.5 afrs when on the throttle, and near stoic of throttle or at cruise, and that seems to be doing fine for the most part. I want my WOT back though!

you can always find a 76 station that sells 100 octane. . . but as to your question, i have no idea

Even on Texas 93, we typically stick to around 12.5:1 or 13.0:1 at the leanest at WOT with compression at 12.0:1. You might try adding more fuel, or pulling some more timing up top to smooth things out.

Yeah, mike, I did that. I had to pull a LOT of timing to get the ping out of the top end...91 octane absolutely SUCKS... My buddy with a wrx are gonna go halves on a 50 gallon drum of 100 octane unleaded. At a little less than $5 bucks a gallon, It's not a lot more than the 91 octane at this point. I'm going to get a 5 gallon drum and see if that is truly the reason for the noise though. I am using my stock 240cc injectors, and fear I may be maxing them out at the top end, as the TurboEdit says I am around 80% duty cycle.

from my understanding and limited knowledge on duty cycles and shit, you dont want to go past or higher than 80%... so, I would get a set of larger injectors.

your running obd0, w/a resistor box still right? you can use prelude vtec injectors from a 92-96 prelude vtec h22. they are either 325 or 345cc/min and should help you. plus you'll be able to tune for larger injectors, maybe get rid of the pingy pang pong y0

Quoted post[/post]]
from my understanding and limited knowledge on duty cycles and shit, you dont want to go past or higher than 80%... so, I would get a set of larger injectors.

your running obd0, w/a resistor box still right? you can use prelude vtec injectors from a 92-96 prelude vtec h22. they are either 325 or 345cc/min and should help you. plus you'll be able to tune for larger injectors, maybe get rid of the pingy pang pong y0
are you sure that the said prelude injectors are compatible with the obd0 harness plugs? I'd like to get injectors that don't require hacking the stock harness. My car passed smog with rocket cams and 11.5:1 forged pistons, so I would like to keep everything as stock-looking as possible...

Back