Calling all NC, SC & southern VA tuners for meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm in Daytona, so making the meet would be possible. I just hate making long drives without somebody else to roll with. And I don't know how many other locals would be interested in going with me. I'd like to hit up that 12 hour track deal. Im always up for making runs at the track. I'm open to going anytime, I don't have any restricted availability.

they have the 12 hour track tonight I want to go but the forecast is for rain and its a 2 hour trip for me. So i dont think im going to go. It sounds like an awesome thing I will post a link to the tracks website for more info about it.

Drag strip

Doesnt give too much info. But its the first friday of every month i believe until october.

if you end up rolling to the one in august, lemme know. I should have my car all fixed and tuned by then.

Might be interested, I live just north of Ft.Lauderdale...........a bit of a hike

ok heres more info i just looked up
the address of the track is
Fayetteville Motorsports Park
3407 Doc Bennet Road
Fayetteville, NC 28306

I found a hotel which is 45 a night
Fayetteville-Days Inn I-95/Exit 49
2065 Cedar Creek Road
Fayetteville , North Carolina 28301
United States
910-483-6191

directions from the track to the hotel are
1: Start out going Northwest on DOC BENNETT RD toward CLAUDE LEE RD. 0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto CLAUDE LEE RD. 1.7 miles Map

3: Merge onto I-95 N via the ramp- on the left. 4.7 miles Map

4: Take the NC-53/NC-210 exit- exit number 49- toward FAYETTEVILLE. 0.3 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto NC-210/NC-53/CEDAR CREEK RD. <0.1 miles Map

6: End at 2065 CEDAR CREEK RD FAYETTEVILLE NC Map

Total Est. Time: 11 minutes Total Est. Distance: 7.18 miles

As soon as we get everyone to start planning together we can start to book the rooms. If we fill those there are like 10 more hotels within a couple miles

what kind of track is this?? Can the track be rented out for a day??

Can you get a group rate for the hotel??, that way we can have people put upfront some money for a grouping of rooms.

Are our cars safe there, by the looks of the facility??

Is there a date in mind??

What is the local scene like if some of us do make a week out of this or if this will more than likely be some type of more than two day even??

I suggest some type of dyno day to coincide with the track event to maybe attract more people out.

Bottleup, Are you going to be organizing this event? Good job thus far.... :)

Im just trying to throw this together out to anyone who wants to come. It would be my only meet for southeast if i make cause two weeks later im out of the military and up to NJ. As for you question i was just throwing it out as an idea to people some seem interested some dont want to make the trip. The only dyno place i know is two hours from there by me and he give a pretty good rate. didnt talk to the hotel in person i did an online quote. i want to see how many people would be interested. the date is Aug 6 its a friday. it would be friday night 6pm-6am is racing then saturday we can do the dyno or find a big park and BBQ or something. Dont know the local scene i have never been there before. I hope that helps if you got anymore questions just ask.

Just got an email from the track and they said its your choice when you get to the line whether you want to run the 1/8 or 1/4. just wanted all of you too know.

Since the track is in NC, should we maybe throw an invite to the guys in the northeast section an invite as well? It really wouldn't be that far for guys from VA and MD or maybe even PA to make it down.

Do have 1 disclaimer though... if I roll with you guys from FL, I should be in the back of the line. My exhaust is pretty loud and obnoxious and you would prolly hate me by the end of the trip. :)

Oh, 1 more question. Since its a 12 hour track night, do they have a NO2 refill station and a gas pump (non-race fuel)? I'd likely need a refill on spray before the end of the night. And I hate running at the track with alot of gas in the tank.

Ill send an email to the track when i get home tonight and post there response about the gas and n02. Im gonna take a guess and say no. There should be a gas station close and you would be able to leave and re-enter the track. But NO2 your probablly gonna be screwed on.

Okay I'm back was on vacation had no access to internet, Rockingham dragway is having another show/drag event on Aug. 7th check it out

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/schedule/

this is just another option for the meet.

allbottledup good info, I'm going to have to see if I can get that day off.

Oh and I traded my coupe for a hatch.....

congradulations..wheres rockingham at? Or if you have an idea of how far from raleigh i would be driving from jacksonville/wilmington area.

Rockingham is in North Carolina, we took hwy 74 to hwy 1 (I think) the last time I went its like going to Myrtle beach almost but not as far. Its like 1.25hrs from Charlotte. Go onto mapquest and check out the distance for you and let me know.

Well rockingham is 183 miles from my house and its only 65 miles from fayetteville. If we decided to go with the drags on friday we can follow each other to the show on saturday since its only a little over an hour away. We need to make some decisions soon though cause its only 3 weeks away.

Back