cam caps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

omega11855

i just took apart my motor and the cam caps as well as the head material for the journals had little tiny nicks in them what can i do to take care of these little scratches do i need a new head? please i need to know asap

cams are fine i dont have a camera 98 civic with type-r engine

s3f9c5439927d2.jpg
so what do you think?

you have one with better focus? are these scratches on the cam caps too?

yes they are real tiny not many someone said i can just get it all align honed like the mains so i will take that route

If it were in focus, I could tell for sure, but it looks fine to me. I have used some less than perfect heads that worked out just fine.

I would think if it was too bad, the cams would show the evidence.

Take it to a machine shop, they will tell you ya or na!

How do you get the cam caps off!??? I've taken out the bolts but they won't budge!!!!!!

Just wiggle back and forth and they will work loose!

I gently hold with channel locks as I wiggle, being very carful not to bite down too hard.

K, I read that you can pry them off with a screwdriver but have to be very careful. I've tried wiggling them just with my hands but no luck. Thanks for the advice. ;)

Screw driver works too, just be careful not to hit anything important.

use a wooden toothpick and gently rub across the "tick" marks... if you can feel them, thats not good at all. if you cannot feel them then you should be ok.

Back