Cam choices for N/A B18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpOoN EK9

I was wondering which cams you think i should go for: JUN stage 3's or Skunk 2's? Also do you guys know of a website were i can order them from? I looked at Inline Four and they have them, but i'm wondering why everyone says stay clear of them?

Originally posted by SpOoN EK9@Jan 31 2005, 01:57 AM
I was wondering which cams you think i should go for: JUN stage 3's or Skunk 2's? Also do you guys know of a website were i can order them from? I looked at Inline Four and they have them, but i'm wondering why everyone says stay clear of them?
[post=453685]Quoted post[/post]​

if your thinking about going stage 3's i would go with the toda spec c's...try getting the cams from one of the vendors on this site.

The Jun 3 and Skunk2 stage 2 cams are damn close in profile and performance. There's nothing wrong with either cam, but stay away from Junk2 valvetrain components. Use portflow.

whats the compression of your motor? stage 3's need a lot. 13.5:1 would be the min i'd recommend.

As of right now i've been talking with someone to build my B18c, so not sure on the compression though, just making a list of everything i need to buy first before i start spending my money. So sol, you think the skunks would be alright? someone else told me just go with Toda C's but i've also heard that they're not worth the price. Also, any of you guys have a Exedy clutch and flywheel? I'm thinking of going that route for my clutch. Just wanna know you're guys opionos on it.

Originally posted by SpOoN EK9@Jan 31 2005, 06:30 PM
As of right now i've been talking with someone to build my B18c, so not sure on the compression though, just making a list of everything i need to buy first before i start spending my money. So sol, you think the skunks would be alright? someone else told me just go with Toda C's but i've also heard that they're not worth the price. Also, any of you guys have a Exedy clutch and flywheel? I'm thinking of going that route for my clutch. Just wanna know you're guys opionos on it.
[post=454047]Quoted post[/post]​

Well like i said before, I like the Toda cams...and as far as the clutch goes, i have an exedy street clutch kit (pressure plate & disc) but i have a type r flywheel...i love the setup...there's a couple guys out here with 12 and 13 sec cars with exedy street clutches

act > exedy but they are 2nd in line IMO.

i personally am running skunk2 stage 2's (when they get here :) ) on my otherwise stock jdm gsr motor (with portflow valve train and a skunk2 IM)

toda C's are great cams- but unless you are making tons of compression, don't care about streetability, and never plan to be under 6500 rpms and are turned/valve trained up/etc to hit 9500 on a regular basis, i'd say go with the skunk stage 2's

Back