Cam D16Z6, stock head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What is the stock duration and lift of the stock cam in the D16Z6. Because the shop manual i have from Haynes, only gives it to me from center.

Never mind, I found it. But I still have a question about the cam im picking for the job. Its a Skunk2 cam stage 1 for Vtec motors. It uses the stock valvetrain and doesnt change the idle. So what im looking for is a TQ and WHP estimate here I guess. What would the combination of all this come to be:

Skunk2 Stage 1 Cam
Stage 1 Clutch
7lb Flywheel
Megan Header
Magnaflow 2" in/out Muffler
2" Mandrel Bent Pipe
Custom CAI
Underdrive Pully

Other non-power related items will be:
Slotted Rotors w/ Bigger Calipers
Eibach Lowering Springs
Strut Brace Front/Rear
Megan Racing Trailing Arms
Stiffer Shocks (recommendations please?)
Bigger Sway Bars
H Brace
Internal Roll Cage
Recommendations On The Control Arms?

Before you say go turbo lol cause I know a lot of you will.... I really want to stay away from forced induction on this car. Its a road thats way to travelled. I know they do it cause it works and I respect that, and what you preffer. I just want something to have fun with and suprise people with:ph34r:, but when you pull up next to someone and they hear a whistle or see that bright shiny intercooler.... They wont mess with you if they're smart....

OOOoohh I dunno, Maybe 120hp, 90-100ftbls..?

You don't say what its' in. Head work? Chipped ECU?
body stripped? light wheels?
Setup for autocross/race or just street. (you don't need a rollbar for the street.. Too much weight, plus girls think that your trying to 'cage' them. Some might like it. Put some thumb cuffs up there with a feather. You can figure it out..)

E

OOOoohh I dunno, Maybe 120hp, 90-100ftbls..?

You don't say what its' in. Head work? Chipped ECU?
body stripped? light wheels?
Setup for autocross/race or just street. (you don't need a rollbar for the street.. Too much weight, plus girls think that your trying to 'cage' them. Some might like it. Put some thumb cuffs up there with a feather. You can figure it out..)

E

Stock head, and ECU. The intake will be replaced as well with a skunk2 piece. It going to be on the street but also on the track. Which is why i want the roll cage.

Back