Cam gear key broke with cam shaft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just bought a new head for 5o bucks, just took off old one, the piston walls seems smooth, and when i turn the main cam both piston 2 and 3 comes up and 1 and 4 goes down, so it seems ok? Waiting on headgaskt and timing kit to come in to install the rest. Is there anything i need to worry about considering im takin out the head i had and replacing it with a new one?

Maybe some new head bolts since you already have the gasket kit and assuming belt/tensioner/pump. There are no shavings or scoring on the pistons then? It's probably ok.

You need to look at the tops of the pistons, to check and see if the valves hit them at all. On that same note, you need to look at the old valves to see if there is any damage to em.

just finished replacing head and changing the headgasket and timing belt. Cranks fine runs good, how soon will i know if its a good deal? I would assume as soon as it cranks eh? Another thing how makes noise but doesnt sound serious. the pistons looks good as far as i can see and the piston walls feels smooth. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Back