Cam Gears

Which cam gears out of the list below would you prefer??

• Skunk 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venom

• A

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 2 2005, 05:30 AM
AEM. But only the new 5-bolt units. The old 3-bolt gears are known to slip.
[post=454993]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

i had skunk2 i was very happy with them... except wait.. take my vote back.. one of the bolts rattled out and shredded my timing belt and bent a valve...

alright. what is the advantage if of having these cams? I mean does it help with tuning? increase horses. I never understood this. Then again i havent been doing this for very long :blink:

yea they help you squeeze more hp out of your motor by allowing you to advance or retard the cam's timing.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Feb 2 2005, 11:01 AM
I have the Venoms but I will have to go with the AEM 5 bolt as well.
[post=455170]Quoted post[/post]​

this is the business I am trying to get into next year... Cam gear manufacturing and pulley systems... HMMmm... imma have to ask more questions later on and sell them to you guys for dirt cheap so that you can try them out on your cars hehehe :)

thanks for the info man! Now i know a little more.

yea that was almost two years ago i think... it wasn't too big of a deal, but it still sucked nonetheless becuse we just had the head off then like 2 hours later that happened... but shit happens.. could have happened to any cam gear.. the moral of the story is to make sure them bitches are tightened in w/ loc-tite once you have them dialed in.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 2 2005, 12:36 PM
The new AEM's are ugly as shit in person, IMO.
[post=455250]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats why I got my Venoms, they look sick but thats not the reason you should get cam gears don't be like me.

toda.

nuff said.

product_b16a_pulleys.jpg

best bolts, never heard anyone slip with them, and takes their timing blet perfectly :)

product_b16a_timingbelt.jpg

the price on the sites are way over what you'll pay frmo a 3rd part dealer FYI. i paid about 220 for my gears vs the 300 the toda site has e'm listed for.

Most of the stock hardware on camgears(including Skunk2) well it sucks. Upgrade the hardware even on ahsitty AEM 3 bolt gears and they will never slip or rattle loose.

FWIW, I have been using Fidanza gears for 65k miles or so and have not had a single incident of loosening and the pulley surfaces show no signs of wear.

how do the buddy clubs fare against the toda's? theyre 4-bolt design also. if you buy buddy club cams you can get the cam gears for $100, a very good price for something that retails for around 180.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 7 2005, 05:25 PM
toda.

nuff said.

product_b16a_pulleys.jpg

best bolts, never heard anyone slip with them, and takes their timing blet perfectly :)

the price on the sites are way over what you'll pay frmo a 3rd part dealer FYI. i paid about 220 for my gears vs the 300 the toda site has e'm listed for.
[post=457563]Quoted post[/post]​

lol "Toda..... nuff Said"

Makes a pretty Strong Argument

Originally posted by Riceras+Feb 14 2005, 11:17 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 7 2005, 05:25 PM
toda.

nuff said.

product_b16a_pulleys.jpg

the price on the sites are way over what you'll pay frmo a 3rd part dealer FYI.  i paid about 220 for my gears vs the 300 the toda site has e'm listed for.
[post=457563]Quoted post[/post]​

lol "Toda..... nuff Said"

Makes a pretty Strong Argument
[post=460710]Quoted post[/post]​

Because they are expensive for a reason. They are the shit.

Back