Cam phasing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
so this will be my fist engine with 2 cams lol. for those of you who dont know it will be a boosted cr/vtec. i already have the head with buddy club adjustable cam gears. my question is what cam phasing will net me the most power? my thought is running the intake cam advanced and the exhaust cam retartded would be the way to go. am i backwards on this? should i run both advanced or both retarded? yes i already know that slight difference in degrees can have a major affect on power, but i need to where to start. thanks for readin.

Does that really make a significant difference on a boosted setup with stock cams though??

i will deffinately be gettin new cams but im not pickin a set until i get farther into the build, ive always felt cams should be one of the last components cuz of all the variables that affect each grinds performance. i was just wonderin if anyone new wut kinda seeting i could start with to get a good baseline.

Back