Cam Question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

When you first install cams and the rest of the valvetrain how long do you need to let it break in before you really get on it? I was told to wait for about 1000-1500 miles.

neither do valve springs / retainers... let those bitches spin@!!!

1 more question to do with this thread, if i get crower 403's with titanium valve springs and retainers, what COULD i rev it up to? is the block able to hold 8000 shifts? or should i keep it at 7200? ( right now i shift when racing at 7000)? any1 know?

if i get crower 403's ill stop maknig power around 7700, can the LS block with titanium springs and retainer hold that?

you'll probably end up with a spun rod doing that. The ls bottom end doesn't have the most desirable r/s ratio to be revving to 7700.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 31 2003, 10:42 AM
you'll probably end up with a spun rod doing that. The ls bottom end doesn't have the most desirable r/s ratio to be revving to 7700.

i wouldn't say that. get some ARP rod bolts then you should be ok. r/s ratio doesn't have that much to do with it.

Rod/stroke ratio really doesn't have much to do with the integrity of the B18A/B bottom end compared to the B18C.

Don't worry, I have an article about that coming up too. Side loading is less than 3% greater with 1.54 rod/stroke than it is with the 1.58 of the GSR engine. It's not significant.

id say 7200-7300 is the tops u can push a LS. i rev my stock LS to 7000 when racing, and will up that to 7200 once i get Crower 403's with titanium springs and retainers. u wont make any power after 7200 without cams, and u cant rev an LS over 7400 before it gets iffy on the block/head holding.

Back