Cam swap??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93coupe

can you gain off of swapping stock cams??? just for example : can you take 2nd gen b16a cams and put them into a 92 b18a1 engine and notice any kind of gain?

Not sure... you'd have to look up the lift/duration specs between each cam, but why would you wanna put vtec cams in a nonvtec engine? If you even can do that swap, i doubt you'll see a "noticable" gain anyway.

Have you searched for aftermarket cams for the a1? I'm sure they exist, but are probably more than you want to spend.

you can't put VTEC cams into a non VTEC head. With a non vtec head, I would recomend going with aftermarket cams like crowers. Not too expensive and you can see very nice gains from them.

Quoted post[/post]]
Not sure... you'd have to look up the lift/duration specs between each cam, but why would you wanna put vtec cams in a nonvtec engine? If you even can do that swap, i doubt you'll see a "noticable" gain anyway.

Have you searched for aftermarket cams for the a1? I'm sure they exist, but are probably more than you want to spend.
I hope you understand it is physically impossible to put VTEC cams into a NON-VTEC head.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I hope you understand it is physically impossible to put VTEC cams into a NON-VTEC head.

werd, not to mention even if you could the balance would be totally fucked because there would be no contact on the middle lode at high rpms. Just like it says above, go with some crower cams, dual stage spring, Ti retainers and for good sake replace the stock keepers. I've seen alot of people reuse the same keepers over and over, then they end up droping a valve.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I thought so, but I didn't want to corner myself either way. So I said 'even if you can do the swap...'

I usually suck at 50/50 chances.

Just go with something from crower or comp (not really sure if they make non-vtec cams)

ALSO.

heed the previous poster's advice. change your springs retainers and keepers if you are gonna change cams.

wow this is a retarded amount of people bitching at people who can't fucking read. Make youre posts count. Remember, quality not quantity.

haha sorry asmall.

Despite popular belief, I could care less about my post count.

Hell, drop my posts to zero and don't count em for all I care.

www.crower.com

here

B18A/B DOHC Non-VTEC CAMSHAFTS
Put a little zip into your Acura LS/RS/GS (Non VTEC) with Crower's original line of Honda/Acura cam cores. Not regrinds of stock cores, but semi finished cores specifically designed for Crower that exceed factory specs for hardness and compatibility. Like all Crower cams, these are ground in-house at Crower. No more base circle problems typical with stock regrinds. Crower has developed several performance grinds from stock replacement, high performance street/strip, to full race (drag or road).
Click on the links for dyno results on Crower cam #62403 vs stock cam (8% more hp), #62404 vs stock cam (16% more hp) and #62404 vs the hottest regrind (10% more hp).
Part# Description Advertised Duration Duration @ .050" Gross Lift w/1.75
----- Stock Specs from B18B 234 / 236 194 / 196 395 / 380
62401-2 Stock replacement, automatic. Idle to 6800+. 260 / 264 201 / 205 396 / 382
62402-2
Stage 1- Street use and mild nitrous.
Idle to 7250+ rpm. (up to 12 hp). 259 / 265 203 / 208 417 / 399
62402T-2 Stage 2 - Turbo/Super Charger Special
Specially designed specifically for forced inductionapplications.
Features short duration, high lift for added cylinder pressure and good bottom end power. Requires kit #84162. 270 / 235 203 / 203 469 / 469
62403-2
Stage 2 - Street/Strip package.
Most popular "all motor" profile.
Requires #84162 kit. 1000 to 8000+ rpm (15-18 hp).
Dyno Results 264 / 264 221 / 220 422 / 411
62404-2
Stage 3 - 3/4 Race, recommended for mostly strip.
Requires #84162 kit and ECU mods.
1100 to 8200+ rpm, lope at idle.
Springs required. (18-21 hp).
Dyno Results 276 / 272 226 / 224 445 / 434
62405A-2 Stage 3 - Full race, all-out, all-motor drag profile.
Not for the inexperienced tuner.
Requires #84162 kit.
1200 to 8500+ rpm. 322 / 319 241 / 238 478 / 469
00062-2 Custom ground, proprietary cams available, contact factory for specs.

later merry x-mas too all and a happy new year :)

i know a couple of people who have the crower 403's, they are nice. 404's are good too but you need the springs/retainers.

awhile back a buddy of mine had a 93 integra w/stock b18a had about 120K on it. he installed the 404's and claimed he could hang with ITR's on the highway.

Back