camaro vs b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

as long as the tranny is stock, i think you could beat it in a sohc civic with bolt ons

This

The 305 Camaros are such dogs that I dont know why anyone would ever think it's fast.

the civic should def. pull it..but make sure its really just a 305..i know i had a h/o 305 in my racecar with shitty gears and i pulled on the 350's at the start on a circle track..
driving will be a big factor as well tho

im assuming this is a friend or co-worker of yours??? (possibly family member??)

why have you not just gone out and lined up with him??

has shit really changed that much from when i was 22??

i mean any time me and my friends had any question about it we just simply went and lined up
did a few runs and called it as we saw it

no big productions about it... no polling the internet about it... we just said fuck it and lined up

hell even when there was "money" on the line (never real money usually just a few bucks between friends) we just lined up and ran it

when my friend with a gutted 87 gti with a bottle fed VR6 swap asked if i wanted to line up, we talked for a few minutes... he agreed to run me without the bottle... and we ran.... the end
i took him by half a car... even though i am admittedly the worst drag racer on this planet

when a guy i know had a fiesta and asked if i wanted to race him with my insight, there was no discussion or polling the honda community... we drove up to the street we would race on... the friends who were present came with us to witness the race of the century... and we proceeded to give them the racing equivalent of watching paint dry... but it was fun :)
he is a FARRRR better drag racer than i am and launched MUCH better than i did, picking up a few car lengths right out of the hole... i had him almost reeled in at the end of the 1/4... we agreed that if someone who had the slightest clue of how to launch was in my car, my car was indeed faster than his.... we laughed... and even 5 years later it still comes up in conversation to this day
"wtf?? did they launch yet??? flash the lights again... oh wait here they come.... ummmm ..... wow.... ummmm how fucking long is this going to take??? :whistle: oh there they go... it looks like john has him.... i think e is catching him..... yawn..... hrmmmmm..... is it fucking over yet???....... john took him :lmao: god i hope they dont decide to run again"

i guess all im really getting at is.... who cares
just run the guy... its not going to make any earth shattering difference whether you win or lose... and seriously we dont know what kind of driver you are... or what kind of driver he is... it can always go either way... you could put me in a 800hp car, and i would likely lose if i was lined up against Tony Schumacher in a geo, because well... i suck at drag racing :)

if you want to know who is faster, go find out... just remember to be safe about it and HAVE FUN

Last edited:
^ true story. i was in the flash light car :D

funniest shit ever. we told them to go a 2nd time because we couldn't tell if they started or not. rofl.

well.. thats usually the way we settle things, but with over a foot of snow on the ground and an expected 40 more inches.. it wont happen soon..lol

Really? I mean, really? This is the stupidest thread I've seen in WEEKS.
i know its a dumb thread, but hey im at work for 14 hours, and by the looks of things my coverage cant make it here so ill be here till tomorrow morning maybe all day tomorrow also.. so i go shit to do.

Back