Camber Arm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

My local shit ass Big O Tires said i need a camber arm for the rear because my car drifts to the right. Saying they cant adjust the negative camber unless i get a kit. But the weird thing is, they done the alignment twice before and never mentioned it until i mentioned it.. rip off? anyway, the car is a 2000 accord and its totally stock. is there another shop that will look at my suspension for free? say leswab or something?

Rip, as Hcivic said, they don't use them stock, so if they are telling you you need it, they are full of shit. The only other thing that could be wrong is if your LCA bushing are worn (not likely on a 2000) and it can't be properly aligned. Shops in Germany won't even waste their time on a car with bad bushings.

so your suggestions are to do what? to make them realign the fucker like they're suppose to and tell them to fuck off about the camber kit?

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jan 9 2005, 07:25 PM
Get a printout and see what exactly the camber measurement is.
[post=443481]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree unless the car has been crashed or whacked a curb pretty good lately- that will do it sometimes

actually i have been abusing the car somewhat. i did like 45-50mph and went over a dip. made one of the tires bubble out.

On 9/17/04 the rear left had an actual -1.09 and before -1.11. The right had an actual -1.49 and before -1.45. On 11/26/04 after which nothing was done except some driving, the rear left had an actual of -1.06 and a beforeof -1.08. The right side had an actual of -1.45 and before was -1.40.
Again, everything is stock except i had a few big bumps. Does this warrant a need for a camber kit? Also if i do, what brand do you guys suggest? Ive searched around for the name brands like Skunk2, Hotchkis, Comptech, and such but i guess no one gives a rats ass about Accords. Oh yeah and if i need to replace it, it must be asap because i only have a month left on my warranty before i need to pay another friggin 80 for a 4 wheel alignment.

If you need to get rid of some negative camber, just use the longer bolts and washer trick. It will space the upper camber link out from the mounting point giving you less negative camber. And FWIW, hittind a "di[" as you call it at 45 MPH isnt enough to bend that. It would take some good side loads like going sideways over a curb or something like that.

is there a DIY instruction manual or site that shows you how to do it? Ive heard of the trick done many times, but never witnessed or seen a diagram.

basicly unbolt the upper arm pull it out from the car add a washer to both sides and some longer bolts and your done

Back