Camber kit, or no camber kit, that's the question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I previously had Dropzone coilovers installed on my civic, so I installed a camber kit because of the low drop. I got so tired of those terrible coilovers though, I melted them in an old oil drum for the amusement of seeing them die. Then, I installed Eibach ProKit springs. Now, my question is....do I still need this camber kit installed? If I remove it, I will have a lower alignment bill...that's why I ask.

If its a quality camber kit, and you still have a minor drop, they WILL help.
You don't want that 3.5+ deg of camber all those guys have in thier riced-out Civics with cut springs. They help with tire wear, turn-in, and overall appearence.

You can lower your alignment bill or you can raise your tire bill- same choice. I'd keep the camber kit. With the Pro-Kits though, you can go without if you really want- just make absolutely sure your toe settings are always right.

Are you still using coilovers, ot just normal springs? I don't think the Prolines lower it enough to warrant buying one, but if you have one already, who cares leave it, you shouldn't have to be adjusting it anyway.

I am running Eibach ProKit springs now. I just took my camber kit off, and installed the stock pieces. The wheels still look completely level to the eye. These Eibachs really do not lower the car very much, so I am thinking it is ok to drive this way. I have cheap tires on now too, so I think I will just try it out. I can always install the camber kit again later.

camber is not a major tire wearing angle you really just need to worry bout toe. but i mean if you got 30 degrees of negative camber thats a diff story!

^

I disagree, camber affects tire wear alot. , I should take some pictures of my crx and the tires I've been using with >-1 camber all on all four corners.
If you have dirrectional tires and you don't rotate them often you will see a feathered pattern sooner than latter. If you already have the camber kit you might want to use it, you'll have a higher alignment bill but you can set your camber for whatever you wish.

If not rotoate your tires and do it often

Toe kills tires, camber kits = way to make money of people that have to have every part for their car, even if they don't need it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 3 2005, 09:14 AM
Toe kills tires, camber kits = way to make money of people that have to have every part for their car, even if they don't need it.
[post=468709]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

No camber kit and 7000 miles later w/o any tire wear. -2.7 degrees in the back, too :)

Toe is what effects tire wear the most. Camber effects handling and vehicle pulling to one side. With an eibach pro kit your only going to change your camber angle maybe -.5 degrees maybe a little more. An aligment is needed after you lower a vehicle because as you change camber you are also changing your toe angle. This is why people who slam cars claim their tire wear is due to camber, because that is what visible changes (other than ride height). You cannot see if your toe is out because it is such a precise angle. The best thing to do would be to set the aligment angles back to factory which would mean using a camber kit but at the least due toe!

Back