Camber kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I installed my Camber kit today, before going to get a smog. I installed it, and now my steering feels really loose. my steering wheel floats in my hand. it doesnt correct baack to straight after a turn, and it has really bed understeer. when i go over bumps. I can feel them hit the REALLY hard. i usta not feel them at all.

Should i adjust my camber even more? when the camber was bad, my car had great handling, and took corners really well. now it doesnt. And i hate it.

what should i do?

i have tokico illumina blues, and GC coilovers.

its an Ingalls camber kit part# 35650, for 1988-91 honda preludes, front and rear.

yes if you want your car to handle like a gocart give it lots of negative camber. If you want your rires to last longer return it to stock adujstments. Also just so that you know camber dosent eateat your tires that bad it id tow ( IE tires facing like this /---\ ) this causes the inside edge or outside to wear depending if it is towed in or out. If you are wondering if the wear is from tow look at the worn edge of the tire and see if the tread has a veriance in height between lugs if so its from a tow issue. if not it is from your camber. Also i run 2deg neg camber on my car and have never had a problem with tire wear.

yea my car has the tires that face like this /----\ and i thought the camber kit was to correct it.

i installed it and my tires looked like this |----| but my handling sucks ass... and my steering wheel floats all over the place. WTF do i do to correct it?

how do i go about correcting these problems, so that my car doesnt get Trrible wear on the inside, yet have a really positive sterring respones. my steering feels loose.

sory i didnt specify camber is the angle from top to bottom. Tow is when the wheel is straight the tires are like /---\ and you are basicaly draging them sideways accros road. sorry i didnt clarify

sooo... if i get my TOW fixed.. yet i still have a negative camber, my tires shouldnt wear out... and the feeling of a REALLLY loose steering woill go away?

Tow... /----\ viewing as though you are standing on the hood looking down

camber /----\ looking atr the front of the car.

yes you are correct you dont want to much camber though it will also cause loss of traction durring acceleration due to uneven tread on the ground.

you can do it your self but it will be off still i would only do a self allignment on a race car. Just get the suspension the way you like it then take it and get it alligned.

you really need to have it computer aligned at a shop.

:moved: to wheels/suspension forum

Back