Camber Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I recently lowered my EK using tein s tech springs, which is about 1.9" front and 1.7" rear of a drop, i know i need a camber kit now and am not sure what kind to buy, does anyone have recomendations on a camber kit? or know where i could get one that isnt too expencive?

One of my friends bought Omni's from kteller.com and they are holding up pretty well. Not a bad price tag either.

you don't need a camber kit. some negative camber is good. your drop is hardly substantial.

sol just to ask if i am going with a 1.5 inch drop i don't need a camber kit? just get a wheel alignment and it is over with?

my wheels are angled in a little bit, and i noticed extra wear on the inside of the tires in the rear, so i think that i do need a rear camber kit

what does everyone think? should i take some pics tomarrow and post them to see your opinions if i need a camber kit? or what?

3 of the 4 tires are fine, one is bowed out a little extra, maybe if u saw it you would understand more about from where i am coming from, 3 of the tires are angled a tiny bit, but one of them is angled out quite a bit more than the other 3

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Dec 28 2004, 12:57 AM
3 of the 4 tires are fine, one is bowed out a little extra, maybe if u saw it you would understand more about from where i am coming from, 3 of the tires are angled a tiny bit, but one of them is angled out quite a bit more than the other 3
[post=438097]Quoted post[/post]​

sounds like you have issues besides camber here.

check your bushings on that wheel, as well as the toe angle. toe will eat a tire up 5x faster than camber will.

EDIT:
sounds like you have issues besides camber here.

check your bushings on that wheel, as well as the toe angle. toe will eat a tire up 5x faster than camber will.

how do i check these things?

i called a local place where i know one of the owners, and he's gonna take a look at it and tell me what i need, a full alignment willl run me $59.99 and front only will be $39.99, hopefully i wont need a camber kit and they can fix it there

If you want to adjust your camber, you'll need a camber kit. You can't change the camber settings on the stock suspension of a 97 Civic. With the tiny sidewalls on your 17 inch wheels and tires, I would definitely go with a camber kit so you're not buying new tires all the time.

Back