Camber Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im goin up to the shop here in a few minutes, and the guy will tell me what i need, so hopefully i wont need to spend too much $, and i know the guy won't rip me off

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 28 2004, 12:37 PM
If you want to adjust your camber, you'll need a camber kit. You can't change the camber settings on the stock suspension of a 97 Civic. With the tiny sidewalls on your 17 inch wheels and tires, I would definitely go with a camber kit so you're not buying new tires all the time.
[post=438213]Quoted post[/post]​

over 1 degree up front and 2.7 degrees on the back with my car. 1.75"F 1.5"R drop. i had two alignments and i have no tire wear after 6 months. and i have 205/40/17 tires.
camber kits are stupid if you don't have over a 2" drop.
GET A GOOD ALIGNMENT. $50 is much better than ~$275 to buy, pay for install camber kits, and then get an alignment.

I have a 00 Accord and I went to get my car aligned. The shop said I needed a camber kit too.. WTF? Stock everything.. Said my camber is off because I noticed a slight drift to the right.
Trying to rip me off?

Originally posted by Prowler+Dec 28 2004, 01:31 PM-->
@Dec 28 2004, 12:37 PM
If you want to adjust your camber, you'll need a camber kit. You can't change the camber settings on the stock suspension of a 97 Civic. With the tiny sidewalls on your 17 inch wheels and tires, I would definitely go with a camber kit so you're not buying new tires all the time.
[post=438213]Quoted post[/post]​

over 1 degree up front and 2.7 degrees on the back with my car. 1.75"F 1.5"R drop. i had two alignments and i have no tire wear after 6 months. and i have 205/40/17 tires.
camber kits are stupid if you don't have over a 2" drop.
GET A GOOD ALIGNMENT. $50 is much better than ~$275 to buy, pay for install camber kits, and then get an alignment.
[post=438244]Quoted post[/post]​

How much power are you putting down though? With -1.6 degrees all around I had no weird wear for 35k miles, then after dropping in my first B20 everything went to shit. The insides of my tires went to cords in a few thousand miles.

just the D16Y8 with the bolt ons. click on my sig to see it. so maybe 10x-something to the wheels.

can anyone say threadjack?
anyway, the place did the alignment and said i needed a camber kit, which i have all the degree specs for what i need, i think i will just worry about a rear camber kit for now, the front does not seem to bad, the rear is actually bowed out on one side, after i put the camber kit on, i will take it back and they will do a 4 wheel alignment for free, i did need an alignment but i need a camber kit as well :angry:

Back