Camber Kits (again)

• SPC Performanc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by knowledge@Jan 9 2003, 06:37 PM
lmao Professor C! I forgot about this too!

:D

I need to archive that for prosperity... I spent WAY too much time typing it all up. Well, not really- but it's a lot better organized than a lot of my posts.

:lol:

camber kits suck.

don't use them unless you really have to, and if you're dropped only 2 inches i wouldn't bother.

just get an alignment and go from there.

You should be able to adjust your camber setting to proper spec without the camber kit if you've only lowered your car 2 inches.

I don't know if it is a chassis specific thing, but my 93 Integra is only lowered 2". I have to have a camber kit. No one would correct my camber without one and I was burning through tires quickly. I don't know if I am just unlucky or what, but I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that. Take it on a case by case basis. If you wear tires on the inside badly after an alignment then you need a camber kit. If you don't then don't bother buying a camber kit.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 4 2002, 04:34 PM
My car follows the contour of the road so much that the paint on a street can pull the steering wheel some.

my car does that too- its a sign of having good tires :)

Mad props to Calesta! I got Ingalls and the alignment shop said i hit the camber setting within specs, all he adjusted was the toe in. But i still need the rear camber kit. I noticed you said something about washers? :)

Ah yes... washers. I'll grab that thread and move it out here.

Back