Camber Kits..Time for alignment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok... time to get that alignment....

I have neuspeed lowering springs on my 96 CX running 205/40 16's and its not really that low...

Most places said that they woun't touch cars that have been lowered..

When I found a place that looked like a real garage ....
and not high school kids working in a metal building behind the railroad tracks <_<

They said that since it was lowered I might have to go get a camber correction kit... but they would get it as close as possible without one ....

So I go pick up my car and they say that they couldn't adjust it at all.... so they fixed the toe in and out for free and set the steering wheel back to center..

I am now going to end up buying a kit for the front (skunk2, ingalls, or omni) any suggestions....

but that sucks because I just bough new ball joints for
my upper control arm now... I am getting new ones again...... :angry:

How about the rear...??? should I get the cheaper omni shim.. kit or the full size deal..

Suggestions? ....What prices should I expect? and What brand to get?

i have had the dropzone kit on the front of my g2 teg for about 10 months with no problems, perfect camber and alignment. not a great name brand like skunk 2 but works just the same imo

well Omni and Skunk2 is pretty much EXACTLY the same. From what I heard, the guy who owns Omni power used to work for Skunk2. Either kit is fine

For the rear, just use washers as shims to increase postive camber.

Also, remember, camber does not kill the tires as much as toe does. There are tons of posts about it here and on HT. If you set those correct, you should have no problem.

I have a 4 wheel ingalls camber kit on my car, and to tell you the truth I'm fucking pissed because the rear kit rusted in about 2 weeks. The front kit is hella noisy, and hard to adjust accurately. The noisy part is my fault for choosing polyurethane, though. And while the back kit rusted, it's still extremely high quality.

If I had to do it again I'd go Skunk2 front/ingalls rear.

And also, like what was said before, if the toe is right, camber isn't a huge deal.

dude, where is that shop? I want a toe alignment for free! stock civics (and 99% of all cars) only have adjustable toe. The ingalls kits seem to be highly valued - don't get a cheap imitation. The skunk2 kits have come loose for some users, but if you know how to use a torque wrench, you should be fine. there's another kit that I can't remembe the name of, that doesn't have full adjustability but rather two or three preset camber angles - I've heard good things about that one too.

I would run the Skunk2 kit on the front and a simple Ingalls rear shim kit. Ive been running this now for around 8 months, with no problems. Just removed it from the coupe and put it in the hatch. No rust on the bolts or shims, Skunk2 balljoint is still sealed. Not to mention, your barely over $200 in parts.

I didn't use shims in the rear, I used the full adjustable upper "control arm." Much different than the shims

dont get a progressive kit. I have one on my integra and it only has 2 settings. one is for 1-2 inches and one is for 2 inches and more. i lowered mine 2 inches with tein s techs and put the kit on 2 inch or more bolt setting, and the camber is still terrible. they have polyurethane, but it comes with a silicone lubercant u put on before putting the metal piece inside of the bushing, and mine doesnt make any noises.

Back