camber kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

well i got my gsr aligned today with the tein ss's

tech told me i have excessive front and rear negative camber and i need a camber kit

left ---------- right

-1.6 front -1.6

-1.6 rear -1.7

if i have negative camber does that mean my wheels are like / \ or \ / ?

i was going to get the srr rear camber kit

B-04%5B1%5D.jpg

and thinking of the spc front:

67135.jpg

will these fix my excessive negative camber?

didnt even think of what part of the tire had more wear. the rear appears to be wearing evenly. but up front the toe was off almost a full degree. since my toe is adjusted to spec do i need to worry about camber?

i read on honda-tech that negative camber is fine as long as toe is adjusted to spec. is this true?

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Sep 26 2003, 04:31 PM
i read on honda-tech that negative camber is fine as long as toe is adjusted to spec. is this true?

Generally, yes- camber will make your tire lean and run more on one edge than another, and bad toe will cause your tire to "scrub" on that edge more than normal too. Good neutral toe combined with some negative camber will still make your tires wear more on the inside edge than normal, but bad toe is much much much worse with some negative camber. Keep in mind that your toe changes under suspension compression too, so you're not always negative going in and out of a turn, going over bumps etc... so for best tire wear, you want toe and camber both at zero. Zero is just not necessarily the best setup for handling though.

Back