camber kits?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

now that i have my motor in i need to do something about suspention. i vae a 93 dx witha gsr on stock civic suspention. now my first question is about a camber kit. i know what they do i just dont know whats good. do i want a set that just has a bunch of screws and washers or do i want the ones that has ahorse shoe looking thing?

and as for lowering my car i have cheap "megan racing" springs from my boy and they say the will give you a 1.8 in drop but i also wanna upgrade my shocks. can i just get a set of tokicos or what ever and slap my springs on them or do i need to match 1.8in springs with 1.8in shock?

most aftermarket struts will work fine with a 1.8" drop. that's what i'm lowered and i don't have any camber wear issues. i had an alignment done a week after my suspension install, tho. that's very important to do.
if you think you want a camber kit, make sure to get the complete a-arm front assemblies and washers and nuts are fine for the back because they just shim the arm out whereas the front can't be done like that.

Originally posted by PhyRe@Sep 29 2004, 10:25 AM
makes sense. any recomended brands?
[post=396167]Quoted post[/post]​

i went with skunk2 b/c they werent that expensive n i new the name and they work good. check ebay b/c i got a skunk2 coilover and camber combo kit for about 425. good luck

there are tokico strut/spring combos on ebay for ~$350
I went with Neuspeed Sport and KYB AGX struts and am very happy with their performance. It'll cost you about $450 on eBay.

IMO, waste of money. some negative camber increases handeling.

well i have a 1.8 drop on my, i had when the car was new and have yet put a camber kit on the car. car been lowered seince 96.. its a 95 coupe ex

right now i have Eibach pro kits and kyb agxs on my '94 ex coupe, most likely changing everything out for next year tho- i got pretty serious with autoxing this season & just didn't like the feel of the setup at the limits. As for camber stuff, i got the ingalls adjusters fr/rr just because i wanted to be able to dial in exactly what I need for specs and make changes if need be. I've been real happy with the ingalls stuff, the only problem I've found with them so far is that they rust like almost immediately-they apparently come with no sort of protective coating or plating of any kind. I know quite a few people that have them and they have all said the same thing.

Back