camber sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frodotoolbox

92 civic si d15b
ok i have a camber problem.
my camber is soo bad (i drop a del sol 4 inches) that its snapping the belts in my tire making them explode. and i cant afford to keep buying tires so i was wondering how a camber kit is supposed to work (i know it will move it from say -2 degrees back to 0 if lucky) like i found a kit that was just bolts and others that were the whole upper control arm. what is up with that.
thanks for the help.:D

Get a front upper control arm with adj. camber, and a rear camber kit. Most should come with plus or minus 3-4 degrees. That should give you enough room to get yourself back to drivable camber. The fronts are usually the whole arm where the backs usually look like an H but long in the middle.

Why not just raise the car up some? 4" is an awful lot of drop.

my car looks amazingly good with the drop and i have no idea how to set my toe but im getting a skunk2 camber kits next friday when i get my pay check. if you could tell me how to set my toe it would be awesome and i wouldnt have to pay 170 for a camber kit.

Setting the toe angle is part of an alignment. You can't do it yourself. Even if you did get an alignment though, you'd still need a camber kit. I have a 1.5" drop, I can get away with doing a simple alignment. With a 4" drop though, you can't. You need camber adjusters or you're going to continue ruining tires...

my car looks amazingly good with the drop and i have no idea how to set my toe but im getting a skunk2 camber kits next friday when i get my pay check. if you could tell me how to set my toe it would be awesome and i wouldnt have to pay 170 for a camber kit.

you can set the toe yourself its a bit much to explain, but worth doing, im sure you can google the info on how to do it on your own, dont let anybody tell you that you cant do it. dont just get an alignment without asking to put the toe to zero! oem spec will always set the toe 1, maybe 2 degrees and thats how you get (most) the wear when you have a drop that low.

^^^^
I don't much about alignment and shit, but I've heard you can't do the alignment/camber/toe yourself. You need an asston of special tools. But that's just what I've heard. And if you have to spend a ton of money on the special tools alone, why not pay the $40-100 to have someone else do it for you?

He needs a camber kit with that much drop. Setting the toe wont help with a four inch drop. if you want to be that low you need to spend the money too make your car drivable. Half assing it will only cost more in the end. You can get front and rear camber kits for less then a set of good tires.

i live down the street from him and his drop looks sweet its amazing looking with both sets of rims hes got :shocker::shocker::shocker:

my bad haha yea it got crappy i had a million things up at once ha

To do an alignment correctly you need an alignment rack. The computer and laser measure very accurately so you can make precise adjustments. Install the camber kit yourself then take it to a reputable shop and have it professionally aligned.

i do my own alignments i spent roughly $400 on equipment tio do this your self things you need

i drive on lift helps a ton

caster camber gauge
toe measuring device
toe/turn plates with a degree wheel
and some knowlege of how suspension works

my setings are as follows on my daily ef that gets auto xd evey other weekend
front camber -0.5deg
front caster. 4.5deg "love all the caster ive put in this car made steering very responsive"
front toe toed out 1/16th inch

rear camber -2.5 deg
rear toe toed in about a 1/8th inch just a little less than this

Better hope this doesn't cause the tire to rub the fenders.

you can set the toe yourself its a bit much to explain, but worth doing, im sure you can google the info on how to do it on your own, dont let anybody tell you that you cant do it. dont just get an alignment without asking to put the toe to zero! oem spec will always set the toe 1, maybe 2 degrees and thats how you get (most) the wear when you have a drop that low.

With a 4" drop, he still needs a camber kit. And like others pointed out, you need a bunch of expensive tools to do this properly. It would be better for him to just get a camber kit, install it, and then go get an alignment...

Back