camry all trac????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I saw a (90-accord-like body) totyota camry DX All Trac today.

it had the gas tnak rear placed like ji's celica...

does this exist? or was it a badge job? some spanish dude was driving it, so who the hell knows (spanish dudes + bristol + cars = badge job riced out bullshit)

if so... i got an idea brewin.......

Badge job...but hybrid awd cars sound fun...I had an idea for one about a year ago.

It's real, and a 3S-GTE (MR2/ Celica AllTrac motor) will bolt righ in! :) Same thing with the Previa AllTrac.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1990/toyota/ca....num3.1.toyota*

no shit. $1k + 1500 3sgte + 3000 in upgrades.... = 11sec sleeper :)

010116-E.jpg

Damn...ya learn something new everyday... :)

It's already been done a few times. If you have "super sleeper" ideas, do the Previa... Or better yet... find an Infiniti J30. They're basically 240SX chassis with a non turbo 300Z engine. The 5 speed Z tranny will bolt right up (gotta take 1/2" out of the drive shaft), and the turbo motor will fit with some tweaking of the brake lines that come off the master cylinder.

You'd actually need a little more than 3K... First off, engine management is a joke- for some reason, Toyota decided to use a goddamn flapper door MAF sensor instead of a hot wire or speed/ density setup. Sooo... If you're serious about power above 265 HP, you're going to have to go with a standalone engine management system. Then there's the turbo- it's only good for 265 HP with everything you can do to it. Gonna need a new turbo. If you want more than 300 HP, you'll need a head gasket, and other than that, the internals are good for around 600 HP. Clutch will be from an MR2 turbo, and have fun fabbing up a 3" exhaust for that bitch... lol... Oh, and have fun routing the charge piping for the FMIC. Remember the engine bay of my AllTrac? Yeah... that's what the Camry will look like.

Or, you could buy my AllTrac for $7500... ;)

I like the Idea of the j30. but the back end just looks too funny for my tastes...
but I can just imagine one of those drifting...
:hmm: :driver:

old school subaru legacy stationwagon with the jspec Sti motor, just read about it and it seems like it might be worth while, plus AWD homie

old camry + 300hp+ awd im feelin it. :ph34r:

you could debadge it and tell the ricers its a first gen skyline and take all their girls.

The Camry All-Trac is a REAL car.

Nuff said.

It's very rare, and All Trac doesn't carry the Turbo from the Celica over. The Corollas were available all-trac in the wagons, as you may know (sans Turbo again).

It's a rare little thing, but it's a traction / snow package. No real performer under there.

-> Steve

i don't care if it's fast. it still looks like shit.

i remember what calesta said a while back(i think it was him).. "fast pice of catshit is still a piece of catshit" (or something to that matter.)

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jan 25 2004, 07:54 PM
i don't care if it's fast. it still looks like shit.

i remember what calesta said a while back(i think it was him).. "fast pice of catshit is still a piece of catshit" (or something to that matter.)

Wasn't me. I wouldn't say anything asinine like that. To me, a fast car is a fast car. I've always been fascinated by weird and fast combinations. Hell, I still want to get a Yugo one day and just drop something ridiculously insane behind the front seats, then hook it up to the rear wheels and just cover it all up so nobody knows........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back