Cams and cam Gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

Hi guys.
I have a 97 hx coupe. I swapped in a b20 vtec. I just bought a fuel pressure regulator and a 255 lph fuel pump. I have je 12:1 pistons and the head has dual valve springs and they have been worked on for higher revs. I am goign to get obd2-1 and hondata s100. Then i am going to dyno tune. Since dyno tuning is expensive, what else do you guys recommend before i dyno tune it. I was looking at cams and cam gears? Any recommendations?

Once it is dynotuned i am done with the build.

Thanks

Khai

cams I like Unorthodox Racing 5 bolt, as far as cams not to sure about the B-series but I like the ZEX cam for the D's, they might have these for the B's as well. I would also look into the skunk2's but I heard they have a rough idle.

AEM gears w/ CTR or ITR, good for daily driven, but if you want to take another step, try skunk2 stage 2, JUN or Toda Spec A. You'll be thrilled. Be sure to degree when you install. header and exhaust could do too.

what do you mean degree when i install? I have header and exhaust. It will be a daily driver. So what recommendations do you guys recommend now. I really want to feel that vtec.

thanks
Khai

what are the differences between toda spec A,B and C. I want a daily driver, with a serious vtec kick. I want smooth low idle. Also isn't there something about clearance issues with any of these cams? What other mods should i do before i dynotune?

Thanks
KHai

PS where can i find these cams for a good price?

there is a cam guide by "me" upstairs, check it out.

CamGears suggestions would be any cam gear with alteast 4 bolt pattern and CANNOT be adjusted for more than +/- 5 degrees, I recommend Spoon cam gears

thanks for the cam guide milan. Now I need to find a good place to buy the cams. Also will i have a problem with lift on my cams, I don't want anything hitting anything else?

Thanks again
Khai

Back