cams cams cams

which cams would be the best for the buck out of the two

• Skunk 2 Stag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4si

I was just curious on which you guys would prefer were the best cams for price. I did not include skunk stage 2 cause i want just a simple cam nothin to fancy.

That depends on how much you can get the ITR cams for really... if you can find them for a cheaper price than 850, go with them.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 13 2004, 01:55 AM
That depends on how much you can get the ITR cams for really... if you can find them for a cheaper price than 850, go with them.
[post=389452]Quoted post[/post]​

i would dropkick anybody i saw trying to sell ITR cams for $850

Originally posted by spectacle+Sep 12 2004, 07:24 PM-->
revolution8k
@Sep 13 2004, 01:55 AM

[post=389496]Quoted post[/post]​

:fosho:

itr and skunk2 stage 1.....i'd say itr....there's a graph on importbuilders.com that compares itr and skunk2 stage (2 i think) not worth the price in my opinion. if the itr cams are of good price go for it.

Originally posted by spectacle+Sep 12 2004, 10:24 PM-->
revolution8k
@Sep 13 2004, 01:55 AM

[post=389496]Quoted post[/post]​

You never know with ebay y0. but thats why I said what I said. ;)

dude, itr cams go for like 450 a set...not on ebay, but other sites i've gone on...850? jesus, you could almost get a set of toda's for that much.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Sep 13 2004, 02:08 AM
dude, itr cams go for like 450 a set...not on ebay, but other sites i've gone on...850? jesus, you could almost get a set of toda's for that much.
[post=389563]Quoted post[/post]​

Well then that settles that... get some ITR cams.

I used $850 because thats how much S1s are on Skunk2s site. ;)

Originally posted by revolution8k+Sep 12 2004, 11:19 PM-->
mattcalica
@Sep 13 2004, 02:08 AM
dude, itr cams go for like 450 a set...not on ebay, but other sites i've gone on...850?  jesus, you could almost get a set of toda's for that much.
[post=389563]Quoted post[/post]​

Well then that settles that... get some ITR cams.

I used $850 because thats how much S1s are on Skunk2s site. ;)
[post=389567]Quoted post[/post]​

even that is a rip! i bought my stage1's brand new for $700 shipped from an online store. madness

Originally posted by eroman@Sep 13 2004, 04:05 PM
Some advice for Rev8K:

1. Open mouth
2. Insert foot
[post=389765]Quoted post[/post]​

no thanks, I think you've done that quite well yourself. Way to veer off topic sparky.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 14 2004, 02:29 AM

no thanks, I think you've done that quite well yourself. Way to veer off topic sparky.
[post=390041]Quoted post[/post]​

well, your giving adive solely off of made up prices. That is no way to plan an engine build. You must consider a lot more vaibles then just price.

I said s2s1. They are a mild cam profile, but offer a slight bit more lift and duration, so you will mostly likely gain more from the s2s1. If you can find a good deal on them, get them. I've seen deals for brand new sets for around 500, but that doesn't come around to often. Consider looking at anyone else aftermarket besides skunk2? Rocket Motorsports has some good results with his cams, and they are competitively priced against most other mfrs.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 15 2004, 12:31 AM

well, your giving adive solely off of made up prices. That is no way to plan an engine build. You must consider a lot more vaibles then just price.
[post=390464]Quoted post[/post]​

engine build? what engine build are you talking about? All I see is him asking about some mild cams for something thats "not to crazy."

Everybody is always ass backwards on this site. Make up your damn minds already. Someone asks something and everyone goes itr cams because skunk2s aren't worth it.

Two threads later they're defending skunk2s saying that'd yield better results for the money. He asked what cams would be good but nothing too fancy, for a decent price.

S2S1 Cams:
lift/duration
I: 11.58 mm 252 @ 1mm
E: 10.9 mm 249 @ 1mm

ITR Cams:
lift/duration
I: 11.5 mm 240 @ 1mm
E: 10.5 mm 235 @ 1mm

Obviously they aren't equal, so it comes down to what he wants for the price he wants to pay. He doesn't want anything fancy, so why not go with the cheaper ITR cams which will still give him slightly more lift than his B16 cams?

You act like price is never a consideration in modifying a motor, everyone is always looking for something cheaper.

I'm sorry, I'm learning myself and I don't see you doing anything but patronizing me for trying to help.

i dont see where anyone has gone ass backwards, i think you've been dreaming rev8k. i must agree with asmallsol. if you're still learing yourself, please refrain from giving advice, since you have no "real world" experience with it. even though you're trying to help, giving wrong information can do more harm than good.

Who said it was wrong information? He wants something light which means either way he can't go wrong, but the biggest factor he'll have to ultimately decide upon is price.

Search around B16... even B contradicts himself in every 3 to 4 posts every now and then.

i'm not going to search around for others contradicting themselves. like i stated before, make sure you know what you're talking about before you post it. this is not the first time. and even if price is the ultimate decision factor, you were still way off.

sorry for going off topic and turning this thread to shit :)

How was I still off? apparently 4 people agreed with me and 4 people didn't. Seems to be tied. All I did was give out advice that I had been given, but when I do everyone turns around and says you're wrong and all this bullshit. If you're not going to search around stop trying to insult me by saying I gave out horribly completely wrong information. All I did was tell him to get the cheaper price, now if this was a complete engine build up with specific goals in mind then I wouldn't have said anything, but by all he gave us all he wants is a slightly higher lift cam. Thats it. Nothing spectacular. Whats so wrong about it?

Thats right, you two are making a mountain of a mole hill.

where did i say you gave out
horribly completely wrong information
? god, you exaggerate worse than my sister. i was saying the prices you gave were wrong, that is all.

Back