cams cams cams

which cams would be the best for the buck out of the two

• Skunk 2 Stag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 16 2004, 06:37 PM
Hey B16, those are som pretty decent numbers. . . . are they from a B16 or from the B18C5 you have now?
[post=391346]Quoted post[/post]​

the b16 i had in my old coupe (RIP) damn theives :angry: the R is basically stock, with the exception of the pistons, making 180whp.

Well i bought some Skunk 2 stage 1 cams from jhpusa.com for 550 shipped.
I was about to buy the ctr cams but the guy on the phone said due to the lack of intrest on the skunk 2 stage 1 cams price has been dropped dramatically on them. I just cant wait to get them dyno'ed. Thanks for all the help everyone.

since were on the topic of the skunk2 cams...is it true that they are regrinds? or are they bran new cores. thanks.

Originally posted by 22crazy@Sep 25 2004, 07:26 PM
since were on the topic of the skunk2 cams...is it true that they are regrinds?  or are they bran new cores.  thanks.
[post=394611]Quoted post[/post]​

Where did you hear that crap from?

All it takes is a trip to their site.

These camshaft blanks are cast from the same foundries used by auto manufacturers such as Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Mitsubishi, and utilize the latest in Japanese chill-casting technology. Skunk2 Racing camshafts are ground to exact specification using CNC cam grinding machines and are subjected to hours of performance and durability testing.

hmm.....well there is a cam guide up top that I posted, might be a little outdated.

I would consider first what is your priority.......price/reliability/power.

I have always been a fan of the oe honda lineup for cams :thumbsup: just don't expect turbo like power :D

Originally posted by B16@Sep 15 2004, 12:10 PM
i'm not going to search around for others contradicting themselves. like i stated before, make sure you know what you're talking about before you post it. this is not the first time. and even if price is the ultimate decision factor, you were still way off.

sorry for going off topic and turning this thread to shit :)
[post=390610]Quoted post[/post]​

thank god someone finally said it,

god i hate this board. he wants something not too fancy for a cheap price. either way, itr cams are fairly decent. he obviously doesn't care about making the most hp. and ITR cams would still give him a fucking gain. why is this still going on?

Back