Cams Comparison

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

hello all,
i'm in the process of getting some cams for my B16A2. I want to stick with OEM Honda cams. I was reading a few threads already in progress, I also read up on some stats and I have the following questions:
-what are the differences between the 2 (i already know about the intake duration) ???
-what kind of gains do each offer on a relatively stock B16 motor with i/h/e ?
-how would the increase in intake duration on the ITR cam affect my power curve and output?
-i know these cams will work with a stock valvetrain but would it better to upgrade to CTR or ITR valvetrain?

i welcome all inputs but make sure it's a valid comment that helps with my decision. Thank you all in advance for all your input and knowledge.

i would def. put in the itr/ctr springs / retainers. and go with the ctr intake cam, itr exhaust cam. get some cam gears... dyno tune em...

i would bet that your b16 would put down like 150ish with intake / header / exhaust / cams

probably more than that, i put down 165 to the wheels with ctr cams, with the help of a vafc, and around .3 higher compression ratio. i only think springs/retainers are necessary if you're raising your rev limit from stock.

see i'd have to say probably less than that, because i put down 164 with the cams and hondata . again too many factors to consider.. we'll have to meet somewhere in the middle 155-160!

well I was planning on upgrading to either the CTR/ITR springs/retainer cuz I plan on raising the rev limiter once I build it.
What kind of cam gears do you guys use? I used to have AEM on my D16. I've heard they're not very good. This time around I was thinking about Skunk2, any thoughts.

i have skunk2 ones. i had a bolt fall out of it and shred my timing belt. but that isn't a common thing.. i just didn't think i'd need to retighten them after i did it once... but either way.. nice gear though

i use the skunk2 gears as well, although i have not had the horrific experience pills had (thank god) i do like these gears. i have had none of the bolts come remotely loose, but now that i think about your story again pills, i think i'm going to go check them now :)

Back