Cams(itr, Ctr)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

i'm curious how you can tell all these stock cams apart from eachother. lets say i'm going to buy a set of ITR or CTR cams, how do i know just by looking at them that it's a genuine ITR or CTR cam? are there any distinct markings on them that i can look for or part numbers on the actual cam itself? any help would be appreciated, pics would be better.

look at the very end of the cam... the distributor side... and if it has one notch cut into it, it is an itr cam and if it has two notches cut into it, it is a ctr cam... (the notches go all the way around the shaft) and as far as the difference between int and exh, look for the slice through it at the end for the dist.

Originally posted by DTEC@May 1 2003, 08:54 AM
look at the very end of the cam... the distributor side... and if it has one notch cut into it, it is an itr cam and if it has two notches cut into it, it is a ctr cam... (the notches go all the way around the shaft) and as far as the difference between int and exh, look for the slice through it at the end for the dist.

would any other cams have markings like that? or are those only on CTR and ITR cams?

Back