camshaft bolt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rheyx

im trying to remove the bolt of the camshaft pulley.. can anyone help.. everytime i hammer the handle of the socket wrech the camshaft pulley goes with the direction.i tried to put something to hold the camshaft but somethings holding the bold. anyway the engine im working with is a 91 HF , 1.5 L

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 8 2004, 01:17 AM
leave the car in gear and block the wheels leave the timing belt on and away you go or use an impact wrench
[post=387349]Quoted post[/post]​

how do i do this if the motor is already taken out the car? does it make the job harder?

Can you at least rent an engine stand to place and secure your engine on to? And this sort of tool would help you out greatly.

mor-61805.jpg

Crank pulley tool description and price here....

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 8 2004, 12:37 PM
Just a thought. Put the timing belt back on, put a breaker bar on the crank pully bolt proped against the ground or one of the legs of the engine stand (wouldn't hurt to put a foot on it either) so the cam sprocket won't spin while you're trying to loosen it. I've never tried it, but it seems logical.
[post=387493]Quoted post[/post]​

well i didnt touch the timing belt coz you cant get the timing belt without getting the crankshaft pulley. i already tried that but it seems somethings holding the bolt maybe this will be buying a crankshaft pulley tool would be my next step

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 8 2004, 09:37 AM
Just a thought. Put the timing belt back on, put a breaker bar on the crank pully bolt proped against the ground or one of the legs of the engine stand (wouldn't hurt to put a foot on it either) so the cam sprocket won't spin while you're trying to loosen it. I've never tried it, but it seems logical.
[post=387493]Quoted post[/post]​

i've done something similar, but put the car in like 5th gear instead of using the breaker bar. (obviously can't do that if its on an engine stand) but same idea. also, with the belt on, put your hand on top of the belt on the top of the gears, because the belt can still jump if you dont put your weight onto it.

on b series engines, there is a hole in the cam cover. with the engine at TDC on cylinder #1 that hole lines up with another hole on the cam itself. stick a drill bit in there (make sure it just fits, you dont want to snap the bit) and that should hold the cam still while you break free the bolt on the cam pulley.

Back