camshaft or exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arachnid

ok, what do you guys think...should i upgrade the exhaust sytem on my d16y8 first or should i upgrade the camshafts first. (i've already gotten headers, i.m., and intake) and plus, which camshafts should i get for my particular engine.

Definetely get a camfhaft (singular) 1st. A lot of people get intake header and exhaust...but you really dont need 3 inch or 2.5 inch piping with 2 mods on a D series engine. A cam would benefit more. I beleive Skunk2 just released their d series cams, hint hint.

yea get a cam then some head work then exaust, headwork will bring your cam to life

camshaft.... yea, check out crower if skunk2 is a lil to high of a price for your budget. im goin crower myself in my build. there a very quality company. altho i dont know if they do make D series cams or not. check em out! good luck..
Tyler

im with crower jus because they make outstanding rods that i myself have in my car and heard good thing from crower . a good company

IF it was my motor, just based on reviews, I'd choose the Skunk2's. Never heard anyting disappointing about them, where as I've seen a couple times where Crowers have snapped, improper installation maybe, but I refuse to believe that everyone that installed Skunk2's did it right either.

i=wMzIyNTE5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Now just for the record, I hate hearing about how you should avoid a company because one person had a bad experiance, like the Jackson Racing story that everyone sited as a reason for not using their SC, but this is one of a few times. And of course I can show you a hundred satisfied customers too.

ok, kool, i'll get the camshaft and then right after that get that damn exhaust system. i plan to run all or mostly skunk2 stuff. thanks guys! p.s. does anyone know where i can order a d series camshaft for a cheaper price than msrp?

I know thaT BULL FROG make d series cam also you should look on e bay you can find anything cheap there

Originally posted by Havok@May 5 2004, 12:18 PM
Definetely get a camfhaft (singular) 1st. A lot of people get intake header and exhaust...but you really dont need 3 inch or 2.5 inch piping with 2 mods on a D series engine. A cam would benefit more. I beleive Skunk2 just released their d series cams, hint hint.

you said header, so I assume you are talking about a inline 4 right?

You do NOT need 3 inch exhaust on a I4. if you have a header, intake and exhaust you dont even need a 2.5 inch single. Dont even talk about duel exahust on a I-4.
at most like, maybe a 2 1/4. single.

to the guy above me , I know of plenty of imorts that would beat you,and whats the deal with calling musle cars american muscle ,there is no muscle about them,they are heavy and eat alot of gas like a fat kid who likes cake, you said you have 400 and some odd horsepower i have seen imports with that or more, there is also a thing called power to weight ratio for example a crx with 250whp or your car with 400 and something, you would get destroyed,it wouldnt even be funny

and if anybody doent know what i am talking about this guy had a poste stating that he hates imports and keys them and shit

Brett

one more thing why are you on a honda forum ? just so you can get made fun of

The best way to deal with children is to ingore them when they whine/scream.

So I'm sure we can keep this post on track, and the :mullet: will get bored and eventually wander off.

read in general why I am here. I want to LEARN about imports, i dont wana hate them anymore!

And true, Muscle cars are heavy, but how can I call it American Muscle? well they are made in America, it has a 400 CI engine, stock pushed out 345hp and 450 lbs torque, and ran 13.4's in the quarter with a automatic, did 0-60 in 5.4 stock. That car has some Muscle. And I have raced everything from a CRX to only 1 skyline. I beat it also :) sure, it might be 3,500 lbs, but its Got some massive Torque and the Hp helps a bit also.

Originally posted by 70 Formula 400@May 13 2004, 04:45 PM
read in general why I am here. I want to LEARN about imports, i dont wana hate them anymore!

And true, Muscle cars are heavy, but how can I call it American Muscle? well they are made in America, it has a 400 CI engine, stock pushed out 345hp and 450 lbs torque, and ran 13.4's in the quarter with a automatic, did 0-60 in 5.4 stock. That car has some Muscle. And I have raced everything from a CRX to only 1 skyline. I beat it also :) sure, it might be 3,500 lbs, but its Got some massive Torque and the Hp helps a bit also.

sorry but this car is your daily driver.... daamn man, hows it feel to get 10 gallons to the mile... and not to mention the gas prices are a little bit high if u haven't noticed, so have fun going poor just for the damn gas

Skyline, where you from....

Ok ok ok... you've jacked threads enough. This is about cams or exhaust so like go use google or some shit.

Back