camshaft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmills10

i have a 1992 dx sedan that has either a bad camshaft oror sheered pin. needing help. car will not get spark at all and rockers do not move. never faced this problem before. PLEASE HELP!!!

i'm not sure if the bottom end turns over or not but when i try to start it, it just makes a really loud spinning noise. like it's not catching anything..

Is your timing belt intact? If it broke the cam will not move and you wont have spark either.

ok so u need to go through pretty much the whole engine first take the cover off the top the belt of the cam and turn the cam gear will he rockers move? if so the top end is good otherwise some shit is broken down below and your going to have issues

i'm not sure if the bottom end turns over or not but when i try to start it, it just makes a really loud spinning noise. like it's not catching anything..

kinda hard to diagnose the noise from you just explaining it but is the starter mating with the flywheel? im not too sure what other "spinning noise" your talking about

or our starter could not be making contact with your flywheel.

if its just a spinning noise and not a whole engine turning over then its your starter.

or you just dont have a flywheel in your car.

would it be able to start from a roll even if it had a bad starter?

ok so it was the cam shaft gear that needed to be replaced and so i did. now i have 2 bad injectors. does anyone have a diagram or instructions on how to change them?

p.s. thanks for all the suggestions and help guys!!

just unplug them, disconnect the fuel line and rail then pull them out. i highly recommend changing the seals when you put the new ones in. if you dont already have a haynes manual or something of the sort get one itll explain a lot

Last edited:
i changed the injectors and the same two cylinders still aren't getting fuel. could this be a problem with the ecm?

could possibly be a bad ECM driver... however could you have replaced one bad injector with another? were they used injectors? try moving a working injector to one of the not working ports, if it dont work, check for a short in the injector wire with an ohm meter. if that dont work haul it to a garage for a diagnostic.

Jason

or just your check engine light... i think 22-25 are bad injector wiring.

key word their THINK!!!!

Back