can a bad dizzy cause backfiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
well when i had my cam seals replaced the mechanic apparently put the dizzy on wrong the first time. it wobbled in circles! After ''fixing '' the problem it still had some play. So he said all it needed was the 3rd bolt and i should prolly replace the dizzy later on. Ever since then, it back fires at hot whether temperatures. It back fires in between shifts and when i let off the throttle. COULD THE DIZZY BE BAD? Everything else seems to be fine as far as my 02 sensor and timing

The rotor wobbles or the whole damned thing wobbles??

It could certainly cause backfiring.. The dizzy tells the plugs when to spark, if its wobbling it couldn't possibly be sparking perfectly..

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 19 2005, 01:15 PM
The rotor wobbles or the whole damned thing wobbles??

It could certainly cause backfiring.. The dizzy tells the plugs when to spark, if its wobbling it couldn't possibly be sparking perfectly..
[post=528521]Quoted post[/post]​

alright you cant see it wobble since it's tighten down really tight. but if you put you hand on it you can feel the slight play inside the dizzy. I guess i'm buying a new dizzy. thanks for the reply man

Back