Can A D15 Be Built - At All?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caeaves, still got those rims. Not to bogart a thread but I saw you were on here. e-mail me, I've got the cash.

Rims were sold about a month ago to dxplicitone on dragva.com. Sorry.

Domeskilla

Domeskilla

The mini-me is a bolt on affair... the b-series "frankenstiens" are NOT bolt ons affairs.. but the d-series is.

btw, is a d15b7 saturn_boy (just some info for ya)

A b16sir2 will run around 3k total to put into your car.

yeah i know but i was just saying for any noobs trolling this thread that it doesn't have to be a d15b7 block it could be any d15 or d16 block, even the old crx's and teg's. a d16z6 head or d16y8 head will fit any d-series block. i even think they fit the old carb ones. either way they're all called "mini-me" swaps.

Originally posted by caeaves@Apr 8 2003, 01:43 AM
Well I guess that means they love you and dont want to see you go. But at least they are paying for it, you cant beat that at all. Richmond isnt that great. Ive been broken into twice in 6 months here. Im out of here when the lease is up, if not sooner. Going north for the last time, Fredericksburg here I come.

we're cockblocking this fucking thread.... but ...yea, they are bitchinga bout me going to texas, butn ot as badly.. also, i was gonna live in Glen Allen and goto school in Richardson.. so, i might not have been broken into, well, i hope.. ah well.. sucks your shit has tho.

Short answer no you can't easily or cheaply build the D15. For the money you will spend on bolt ons you can do a D16Z6 (SOHC VTEC) swap. If you want the best bang for your buck go this route. For $500-$1000 you can get a better tranny and a better engine, where you will spend the same on a good IHE setup and still end up slower. If you truely want low budget do a DIY CAI ($50) and add a CRX Si Cam ($20) this will give you more power than a grand of bolt ons.

the main problem i have, blu, is that i dont have access to a garage, and this is going to be a commuter car. so, not only do i not have a place to perform said swap, i cant really be without the car for any period of time that would cause me to not get to work the next day. so bolt ons are my primary possibility right now. once i start obsessing, and wanting more are more, maybe ill borrow a car while a b16 gets thrown in there, blah blah blah. but i want to know everyones fav brands so i know what parts are going to work better for me.

Well then take heed to the last part of my post. Spend the $ on a CRX Si cam and make a CAI. Even if you have to pay a shop to put the cam in and get it dyno tuned with an adj cam gear it will be cheaper and give more power than wasting money on bolt ons.

Header DC $350
AEM CAI $170
Cat Back $300-$500

CRX Si cam $20
Install $100
Used Cam gear $40-$60
2 Hours Dyno tuning $150-$200
Rental Car for a day $50
DIY CAI $60

Options
D16Z6 IM $50 Gasket $8
Integra TB $50

It's really more cost effective to do this sort of thing than buy D series bolt ons and the put a B series in. Where are you located? I'm sure somebody would do a swap for you a lot cheaper than a shop. I've seen Z6 swaps go for $500-$800 Add an install say $200-$500 you are still under the IHE cost. It's just not worth it to mess with the 1.5 unless you are going to do more than bolt ons. Boost is not a good idea either.

Back