Can a H22a head fit on a LS Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lender69

I have a 92 Civic hatchback. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a H22a 2.2 head on a LS Block. Or should I just get the full H22a? Can anyone help me. Thanks :worthy:

First off, wrong forum. Moving.

I think that's a big hell no buddy. :D

I have to ask, why?

If you want a B-series engine, use B-series parts. If you want an H-series engine, use H-series parts.

I was just wondering because I want to get the h22a, but my friend is selling his LS Block with a stage 3 clutch to me for $300. So I was hoping if the Head of a H22 would fit and give me the power I want. So I"ll start looking for a b20 head and put it on the LS Block. Until I save up some more and get the H22a engine. Thanks for your help. Do you know were I could find a B20 head? Also should I get the full h22a or mix it up with another H motor? Thanks again :eek:

If you end up going with an H22, just get a JDM H22. It's not worth it to try an H23/VTEC conversion.

for the money a h22 swap is gunna cost you, you could just get a b16a head and build an ls/vtec. It would prolly be faster than an h22a, cheaper and less of a pain in the ass.

Originally posted by KWJaY@Sep 12 2003, 11:14 AM
for the money a h22 swap is gunna cost you, you could just get a b16a head and build an ls/vtec. It would prolly be faster than an h22a, cheaper and less of a pain in the ass.

:bs: :bs: :bs: A h22 is not hard to install, and an LS Vtec is twice the pain in the ass to maintain if its not built right, and no where near the power of a H22 out the box. If you want the torque and horsepower levels while maintaining Honda Reliability, go H22 Biootch!!

well man, sounds like this guy is on a budget, If he really wants to go h22a there is no point in trying to mount a b20 head on an ls block anyways, that will just set him back. Just use that 300 towards the swap.

I just want to know which is better to do a B16 w/LS Block or a B20 w/LS Block? Do you guys know were I could find a H22 engine for a good price? Thanks to all for your help. :spin:

Originally posted by KWJaY@Sep 12 2003, 11:24 AM
well man, sounds like this guy is on a budget, If he really wants to go h22a there is no point in trying to mount a b20 head on an ls block anyways, that will just set him back. Just use that 300 towards the swap.

I agree with you on that one.

Wow, the misinformation is rich in this thread too...

There's no use in putting a B20 head on an LS block- just swap the LS block in. The heads are pretty much identical.

B16/B20 (and LS/VTEC) combo isn't hard to maintain- just build it right the first time and you'll have a solid reliable powerplant. Bring your compression up a few points with some B16 or more expensive forged pistons, and you'll be almost up to the power level of the H22... definitely up there if you use a B20 block.

The H22 head will NOT go onto a B block (already stated in thread) because the bore centers are spaced differently, among other small details... maybe if you can make the tops of the pistons travel sideways once they reach the combustion chamber and just magically seal everything up nice and tight with your offset bores and combustion chambers, along with having your magical morphing pistons that Superman made for you... then it could work.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 12 2003, 10:31 AM
maybe if you can make the tops of the pistons travel sideways once they reach the combustion chamber and just magically seal everything up nice and tight with your offset bores and combustion chambers, along with having your magical morphing pistons that Superman made for you... then it could work.

:worthy:

If it weren't so long, it'd be in my sig already.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Sep 12 2003, 01:43 PM-->
@Sep 12 2003, 10:31 AM
maybe if you can make the tops of the pistons travel sideways once they reach the combustion chamber and just magically seal everything up nice and tight with your offset bores and combustion chambers, along with having your magical morphing pistons that Superman made for you... then it could work.

:worthy:

If it weren't so long, it'd be in my sig already.

:lmao:

Thanks for the quick reply. I have another question? Do they make turbo's for these engines? Thanks :worthy:

They don't make a turbo for your engine. You make a turbo work on your engine. I haven't seen a stock Honda turbo yet. I'd try the TURBO forum.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 12 2003, 02:23 PM
They don't make a turbo for your engine. You make a turbo work on your engine. I haven't seen a stock Honda turbo yet. I'd try the TURBO forum.

turbo beat fool, just not in the us

Back