Can a movie store send you to collections ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

My buddy is being threatened with a collections notice from Hollywood video. He has already paid this huge late fee and is still being threatened with it. I thought i saw on the news along time ago that they can't send you to collections.

Whats the real answer ?

haha, same shit happend to my brother in law. they owe like $110 in late fees :blink:

EDIT:
but i would like to know as well, maybe they can get out of it... i mean, its just late fees, they don't have any of their movies.

that shit happened to my brother too. but if he paid them anything they can't report him it does'nt matter if he pays them $1 a month as long as he pays.

That's nothing. :)

By now I currently owe about $17,000 on an NES Game Genie I rented in the late 80's/early 90's and never returned.

I kept getting bills for it till I moved, and then it was at about $11,000... According to the manager there their software would keep spitting out a bill for me no matter what if it wasn't returned. He said they 'wouldn't dream' of going after me for it though. :)

hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! 17,000 dollars? Not dinars? That's fucking insane. God help me if I owe a video store 17k. I'm filing for bankruptcy!!

Game Genie was tight! I used to get the subscriptions (sp?) for new codes when they came out in that paper back little hand book that looks like an owners manual. :)

Back