1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a movie store send you to collections ?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by randerson165, Jan 16, 2004.

1. randerson165

randerson165 Senior Member

My buddy is being threatened with a collections notice from Hollywood video. He has already paid this huge late fee and is still being threatened with it. I thought i saw on the news along time ago that they can't send you to collections.

Whats the real answer ?

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

haha, same shit happend to my brother in law. they owe like $110 in late fees :blink:

EDIT:
    but i would like to know as well, maybe they can get out of it... i mean, its just late fees, they don't have any of their movies.

3. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

Yep happened to me 2 times. I rented the sims (wack ass game) and didnt turn it back in for a month! :lol:

4. breed

breed Senior Member

that shit happened to my brother too. but if he paid them anything they can't report him it does'nt matter if he pays them $1 a month as long as he pays.

5. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

That's nothing. :)

By now I currently owe about $17,000 on an NES Game Genie I rented in the late 80's/early 90's and never returned.

I kept getting bills for it till I moved, and then it was at about $11,000... According to the manager there their software would keep spitting out a bill for me no matter what if it wasn't returned. He said they 'wouldn't dream' of going after me for it though. :)

6. NOBU-SAN

NOBU-SAN Junior Member

hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! 17,000 dollars? Not dinars? That's fucking insane. God help me if I owe a video store 17k. I'm filing for bankruptcy!!

7. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

Game Genie was tight! I used to get the subscriptions (sp?) for new codes when they came out in that paper back little hand book that looks like an owners manual. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted