can a stock gsr head handle 400hp?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomtom

has anyone ran over 400hp on a stock gsr head?Or will the the valve springs and retainers give up?

Originally posted by tomtom@Jun 25 2003, 08:45 PM
has anyone ran over 400hp on a stock gsr head?Or will the the valve springs and retainers give up?

depends on how high you're revvin'. on a turbo build keepin' the revs 'round the stock revlimit... you should be aiight.

basicly what he said. Your head is not really affected by big hp #'s it is the revs that kill it. Try spining a GSR head to 10k+ you not going to be lasting long.

Remember, by doing head work, you improve the HP more. Bigger cams, PnP for flow, valves and springs to support the higher revs and duration of the cam lobes. You just increased the redline, and the HP.

Originally posted by PROFILES2000@Jun 26 2003, 08:12 AM
i say just upgrade your valves. rumor has it stock valves dont like 15+ psi

i won t rev pass 8100 and will have my rev limiter set at 8500

i plan to run about 14-16 psi and 100 directed port nirtous.

keep your valves till they break. If you bend one, it isn't usually the end of the world. You should have a chance to fix it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 26 2003, 01:24 PM

you wont need the juice if you use a REAL turbo.

none of this pussy 15g shit j/k

well my car is a daily driver so i went with greddys 18g setup
and direct port nitrous

(If u recall im the same person with the ls-vtec supercharged with direct port nitrous.)

i toke out the jrsc and will be installing the greddy 18g and directed port.

i ran 15 psi threw my t3t4 daily on my old integra when i had it....

i wouldnt want a valve to break on me which can cause a motor to go poof. ;)

Greddy 18G kit is a Pile. T3/T4 50 trim minimum is where ya wanna start doing a kit. Take that greddy kit, unbolt the turbo and manifold, insert into trash, and pickup a header like the SFP one, external gate and a nice garrett. You'll see a world of difference. Oh also at least do a hondata and throw that Greddy control box in the trash while you're at it.

everyone who's anybody is here y0!

What do I know.. I'm a nobody ricer....

Back