can a v6 tow a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What do the car and trailer weigh and what can your truck tow. Also take into consideration the weight of your stuff and passengers in the cab and bed.

^^^^^^yeah with him.... uhaul asked me a hundred questions about a 2001 F150 towing a 92 civic coupe..I think they even asked what color is the truck...lol

wow, color of the truck?

Go on their website: it'll show what's approved and what's not. I don't think engine is a problem but I'd be more worried about brakes.

Edit: just did it for you; and with a RWD regular Dakota, the answer for a 92 HB is YES!

This for a dolly btw. For the trailer you definitely need a bigger truck.

Last edited:
idk you will be able to pull both, id even pull it with a trailer, its just gonna have a hard time stopping ,lol

The thing with trailer is it adds weight. Also, if your truck is not design for carry a heavy load the trailer+car will push the rear of the truck pretty far down.

We had this issue when we were towing a parts car for our race car. uHaul wouldn't let my team mate pick up the dolly with his saturn station wagon, to bring it to his parents house to hook up to the toyota tundra. He had to show up in the tundra and hook up the trailer while they watched.

Their website might say that they allow it, but the office is the ultimate go/no-go decision maker. Call them ahead of time.

EDIT: Keep in mind that some places will even make you put the car on the trailer at their shop, so they can watch and inspect after you do it.

wow, color of the truck?

Go on their website: it'll show what's approved and what's not. I don't think engine is a problem but I'd be more worried about brakes.

Edit: just did it for you; and with a RWD regular Dakota, the answer for a 92 HB is YES!

This for a dolly btw. For the trailer you definitely need a bigger truck.

im with him. just dont drive like a nut and leave plenty of breaking room. and dont slam on breaks. you should be fine.

im with him. just dont drive like a nut and leave plenty of breaking room. and dont slam on breaks. you should be fine.

Driving overloaded where your brakes don't work well is fucking stupid. At times you do have to stop fast and why endanger other people. He isn't going around town, 1300 is a lot of added wear on his truck.

OP have you looked into how much transporting the car would be? I know a lot of old people send their cars to and from FL from here so they don't have to make the drive. If its a few hundred bucks it might be worth it. The cost of the trailer/dolly, extra gas and some wear on your truck its might be worth it.

or even still, buy someone a plane ticket to your place and home from the new place and i bet you can get someone to drive it for you.

The uhaul car trailers have brakes. Provided you have the 6 pin connector for the trailer lights.

wow, color of the truck?

I was being sarcastic. They just asked me a million of question about a F-150 when it can tow more than a civic..

If your truck has the power brake booster for towing then It should be ok. I would still take it slow as possible.. but 1300 miles might be tough..

Back