1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone identify this AC bracket?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by xj0hnx, Jul 13, 2004.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Ok, so I am pretty sure the Del Sols will work (was told that's what this is). I think this is a 1st gen B16A bracket. Reason being is that it seem the compressor is mounted to far in for the hoses the face it right, and the CRX has a smaller bay, but then it seems the bracket wouldn't line up with the motor and the bay...and the pulley slide and mounting is completely different, as noted in the pics.

Anyway, if someone has this bracket let me know, so I can figure out the mystery. The only other explaination I have, is that the euro ones are different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I here is a preemptive...FUCK OFF, I'm keeping the AC

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

delsols work, so do the Si's. The Jspec ITR bracket weighs less at around 2lbs, so that is a nice option.

not sure what the second piece is, it looks to me like a tightener of some type, possibly to tighten the belts.

good luck.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The second piece is definitely for the tensioner- a pulley goes on the other end opposite the bolt head, and the bolt tightens against the AC bracket to pivot the pulley up. I don't know about the first bracket.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted