Can Anyone Tell Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civism

Banned
alright, i posted many times here on how to wire OBD1 P72 ECU into 94 civic dx. I have no confirmation yet. and when i do, people tell me to find out by myself. where's the self-actualization? i thought this forum is to help out others.....or is it just that no one here has done a swap for.....I've got the pinouts on the ECU already. just tell me on "how" and "where do i ground IAB"

To ground anything,just run a wire and bolt it to the chassis.Or if you can find the section in the loom that is for the grounds,then just add it to that.

Originally posted by civism@Mar 6 2003, 03:01 PM
alright, i posted many times here on how to wire OBD1 P72 ECU into 94 civic dx. I have no confirmation yet. and when i do, people tell me to find out by myself. where's the self-actualization? i thought this forum is to help out others.....or is it just that no one here has done a swap for.....I've got the pinouts on the ECU already. just tell me on "how" and "where do i ground IAB"

First off, this is not a webboard for you to take info from and run.

Maybe if you asked nicer instead of demanding info you would get the results you want.

Now, with that being said, you do not "Ground" the IAB's.

If you are using a USDM GSR engine harness, then you will need to add 1 wire for the IAB's, and the other wire goes to 12v+ ignition on the ECU harness.

Overall, you will add 2 wires for the IAB's, 1 wire for the Knock sensor, 1 wire for VTEC solenoid, and one wire for VTEC pressure.

You can find more info at www.hybridgarage.com in the tech section.

finally the little dude got some help....

ALLMOTORMONSTER-----> i heard that the IAB OBD1 uses ground and OBD2 uses the 12v......can anyone tell this is true?

Originally posted by viciousracing@Mar 7 2003, 11:07 AM
ALLMOTORMONSTER-----> i heard that the IAB OBD1 uses ground and OBD2 uses the 12v......can anyone tell this is true?

Uses ground to activate?

As far as I know, the IAB has 2 wires in it. 1 is 12v+ from the ecu, the other is the trigger wire (-) but NOT ground.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Mar 7 2003, 06:22 PM
As far as I know, the IAB has 2 wires in it. 1 is 12v+ from the ecu, the other is the trigger wire (-) but NOT ground.

In order to have a trigger,don't you have to have a curciut that opens and closes,and in order to have that don't you need a ground? :huh:

Negative Ground is referred to as EARTH.

A negative trigger is not ground, it is a (-) trigger.

If you had an old ford, and it used POSITIVE ground, would you call it ground?

If so, then would you use ground as a trigger? Or positive?

Confusing huh?

I said it because there's a guy I was talking to that said that is how he did his,so there is where my info came from.

okay, everyone is reffering to the OBD2.....thanks for the link PILLS.....but what about the "OBD1 P72?".....will it use a ground? or the 12V?

HA.....take the credit anywase.....

OBD1 b18c1:

the iab will have the following wires coming off of it:
-yellow/black
-------> this wire has a 12v constant whenever the key is on from the main pgm-fi relay

-pink/blue
---------> this is the wire that goes to the ECU and the ECU grounds it to turn it on... pin a17 yO!

Back