Can I H23A1 (obd I) into a 94 Del sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 92 prelude Si with a stock H23A1 (obd I) I have the whole car and I drive it daily around Milwaukee.

Can I fit this engine in my 94 Del Sol without the oil pan being to close to the ground or the hood hitting the valve cover? :eek:

The car is worth about $2,200...if it wont fit I will sell it and buy a B18C1 (OBD I) but they are hard to find and I will probably have to buy cv axles, ecu and other B.S.

I'm trying to be cost effective. The Del Sol has a D16? vtec in it right now. I know H series swap is a bitch but I'm going to have it proffesionally done so that's not my concern. I want to know what the real issues of an H-series swap in that particular chassis. The Del Sol, Civic & Integra all ahve the same Chassis so i'm guessing it's been done before. I have some research on it but its hard to get hard facts with sooo much shit on honda's on the web. You guys know your shit and I would really appreciate your insight.

Swap the H23, go w/B18C1 or any better ideas?

Back