can i just slap a d15z1 head on a d16 block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hammerdgolfer

hey guys i just figured i could take my vtec head off my vx motor(my 93 vx has front end damage and beign fixed) and put it on my 91 si block that is in my 90 hatch right now and wire the vtec up to a switch, the head is 1.5 and block is 1.6 so that would also raise compression, what do you guys think, im not looking for long term reliability, just a days project, will it just bolt on right?

yeah, i can alwasy stand to learn a few things

my si how it is needs new fuel injectors so i will kill two birds with one stone.unless they are not in the head?? see i know some but not all about motors,

ill let youguys know how it works out tomororw probably

i dont think that the VTEC head he has is VTEC-E,probably a D16z6. Isn't that VTEC-E shit on the new civics

he said d15z1 head off a vx i do beleave that was the vtec-e engine! and vtec-e has been replaced with vtec-II on the newer generation civics!

THINK, THINK it can be done. It's a d-series so it will bolt up but there may be clearance issues between the top of the piston and your head. Probably around a 11.9:1 compression ratio so you may have so trouble with detonation and timing. Check with the big boys at Alternative Honda (http://pub161.ezboard.com/bbseriesalternative)
They should point you in the right direction, or make you sound really stupid so beware. It is VTEC-E, not really cool for performance but hey, better than nothing. Also, fuel injectors are on the intake manifold, really close to the head though, so your not gunna get those with the head......or be able to use the ones off the VX if i remember cuz they don't need the resister box your older civic uses. So gank some off a junker civic (88-91), stuff 'em in your manifold, and get all the parts needed for the swap.
1) new head gasket
2)timing belt off a VX, should get a new one
3)wire VTEC
4)new water pump
5)gank new injectors, they FELL in the toolbox, right?
I don't know if your up to all that but there it is. :roll:

hey dont worry, no vtec for my 90 hatch yet, ......well atleast not with the two quarter size holes in the block from throwing a piston, im going raw d15b2 POWER,
guys try not to trail to far behind my powerful beast

im going to leave that car like that until my 93 vx is done

Back